Samsung Focus S

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
It uses HSPA+ as opposed to HSPA. It's can be twice as fast as your traditional 3G network. But it's only "4G" in terms of marketing-speak. It's not technically 4G, but marketers wanted a way to differentiate it from 3G.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
It's not LTE 4G. It's what is sometimes called "FauxG", and it's faster than 3G, but not nearly as fast as LTE.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
True 4G is LTE and the Focus S is not an LTE phone. It has HSPA+ which is really 3.5G. To be honest 3G is good enough for me on a phone.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
its running on HSPA+ wish is 3G ( even doh most carriers call it 4G )

here is out it works!

G = Generation

1G = analog
2g = EVDO , CDMA
3G = GSM , HSPA , HSPA+
4G = LTE

basicly HSPA+ supoort up to 41MB/sec speeds
LTE (4G ) can go up to 75mb/sec

but in the end no phone can go faster then 21mb/sec on the market
(unless the new NEXUs has more )...
SO EVEN if you have LTE its a waist.

in other words 4G is really useless aside from a strong signal for calls witch is also useless cause its only in MAJOUR cities where you get best reception ANY WAYS. LOL

if you go to this link you can see its on GSM (wish is the same thing as HSPA but not as powerful) the frequency support up to HSPA+

Samsung Focus S specs

Last edited:

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
In the sf bay area 3G only gets me around 1.2-1.3mbps down according to my speed test app. I find that to be pretty crappy. I can't wait for LTE to hit my area.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
In the sf bay area 3G only gets me around 1.2-1.3mbps down according to my speed test app. I find that to be pretty crappy. I can't wait for LTE to hit my area.

lol that makes me laught , i remember using the 56k dial-up .... on a PC

and now people complain about 2+MB speeds on a CELL PHONE!!!!! HAHA makes me laught

:p

PS im nto insulting your post or anything , just reminds me of the good old day :)

crey

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies =)
Yes I understand the difference between LTE and HSPA+ and I do live in a major city which AT&T has HSPA+ rolled out here already so I would be able to take advantage of the increased speeds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon