ATT 1 Cent Windows Phone Sale?

lolakr

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Got credit

I purchased the Samsung Focus S within the last thirty days. Called 611 and asked for the $199 credit. Was put on hold for five minutes and offered half price credit. I pushed a bit harder and asked for a manager. Five minutes later the rep came back on and said she would honor the full credit. Within ten minutes I received a $201 credit on my account and have an email confirmation to prove it. Yay!

---- Message ----

Thank you for choosing AT&T for your business wireless needs!

This email is a follow-up to our conversation earlier today; below is a summary of our discussion:

Your request for the following adjustment(s) have been applied to your account:
Date Applied:11/25/2011
Credit Amount: $201

robshobs

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I finally got my AT&T Titan order placed for the 1 cent sale. I was having trouble accessing my account from my personal PC, which is a Premier account but with individual liability. The website would not let me see my upgrade options.

I tried from my work PC, behind the VPN firewall, and everything worked perfectly. I don't know why my telephone number and password, entered at the same screen, work differently from the two PC's. And at this point, I'm just happy I have Titan on the way.

Rob

Diamondx_8

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I took advantage of the AT&T sale today. Had to visit several stores but I am now in possession of two brand new Titans and one Focus S. Severe shortages on the Titan. They honored the sale price of $.01. I tried to pick up a third Titan but the remaining stores with phones in stock refused to honor the price. So I picked up the Focus S for my wife. Brand new to WP7 but have been reading the boards and researching for one year. So happy to finally have them in hand. :)

Tobyus

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Was hoping to upgrade my wife's 2 year old dumb phone to a Samsung Focus S today. Went into the local corporate store and asked them if they could price match their website, of course they said no. So I went online and logged in to place the order through the premier store and after I added it to my cart the subtotal went up to $317.99. I chatted with their online support who said it was a known issue, but he couldn't help me, he just gave me the premier customer service number which was unavailable on Saturday! So, I tried 2 or 3 other AT&T support numbers and they all were unmanned as well. Finally I called 611 from my wife's phone and thought I finally found someone who could help me, but nope even after speaking with him and his supervisor, they said there was nothing they could do.

I don't mind paying the full price if that is the advertised price, but this has me pretty angry and has given me a great big headache. I really dislike at&t right now, and if my wife hadn't fallen in love with that particular phone, I'd be canceling her line in favor of sprint (with me in tow when my contract was up).

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Was hoping to upgrade my wife's 2 year old dumb phone to a Samsung Focus S today. Went into the local corporate store and asked them if they could price match their website, of course they said no. So I went online and logged in to place the order through the premier store and after I added it to my cart the subtotal went up to $317.99. I chatted with their online support who said it was a known issue, but he couldn't help me, he just gave me the premier customer service number which was unavailable on Saturday! So, I tried 2 or 3 other AT&T support numbers and they all were unmanned as well. Finally I called 611 from my wife's phone and thought I finally found someone who could help me, but nope even after speaking with him and his supervisor, they said there was nothing they could do.

I don't mind paying the full price if that is the advertised price, but this has me pretty angry and has given me a great big headache. I really dislike at&t right now, and if my wife hadn't fallen in love with that particular phone, I'd be canceling her line in favor of sprint (with me in tow when my contract was up).

Try ordering it for the full price then tomorrow call and see about getting your account credited. If they bark threaten to switch to a different carrier. :D

wpbrian

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Wow, really surprised at your problems! I bought a Focus S on November 6, but walked into my local ATT store (Portland, OR) today and they credited my account the $200 difference immediately and then sold my wife the same phone for a penny. No drama, no problems. Only thing they would not match was the activation fee waiver, which ATT waived anyway.

mailman27

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site

The same thing happened to me. My Titan has already shipped and if I'm not able to get Premier support to credit my account on Monday I'll return the Titan and then probably just switch to Sprint when my contract ends in less than 30 days.

Tobyus

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, I gave it one more try with 611 and it paid off! I spoke with a super nice woman who got her manager to override their price in the system. I had to pay shipping, which was supposed to be free according to their website, but I was so happy that didn't phase me. It's funny how sometimes it just takes talking to the right person. Good luck to anybody else trying to get their upgrade!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234