OK so I had my phone connected via USB to my work PC when I decided to check facebook. I opened up my app and it didn't work. So I grumled and uttered some profanities about facebook and their crappy app and proceeded to check my facebook via the browser only to find that it is being blocked...by my company! SO I disconnected myself from the external unmanaged wifi and put myself in airplane mode and connected again and behold I was using my PCs internet to brows the web.

Was this always a feature and I missed something?
    11-22-2011 02:42 PM
    dint know , every time i connect my phone to my PC i get * cannot connect errors... *

connecting my phone actually turn OFF my data.

if your connect via WIFI is also disable carrier DATA and uses WIFI only.
    11-22-2011 02:52 PM
    I was assumume that it turns off data becuase it is pulling the connection from the PC. But I have certainly never heard of anything like it.
    11-22-2011 03:01 PM
    My WinMo phone has an option do this for ActiveSync. The keyword here, though, is option--something WP7 could use a lot more of.
    11-22-2011 03:04 PM
    well this certainly explains why every time I would unplug my phone from my work PC all my emails would all of a sudden come shooting through.
    11-22-2011 03:15 PM
    dint know , every time i connect my phone to my PC i get * cannot connect errors... *

connecting my phone actually turn OFF my data.

if your connect via WIFI is also disable carrier DATA and uses WIFI only.
    OK I figured it out. Zune software has to be running in order for it to work.
    11-23-2011 11:29 AM
    well this certainly explains why every time I would unplug my phone from my work PC all my emails would all of a sudden come shooting through.
    Well not only emails, the updates too! When you plug it in, the phone update it self immediately... Don't know why on WiFi is so slow on checking...
    11-23-2011 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD