Very interesting article over the Mango update.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
regarding the 50+ WP models??

its completely understandable. they been doing this for years....

I remember when i got my OMNIA 2 , i flashed the ROM to get the OFFICIAL UK version of it . which has different features and option depending on the country

it might be annoying but its a must do. the market is different in each country (even states and provinces some times ) so the OS and features of the phone need to change to adapt to the market in that area.

i love how they say its a miracle how smooth it when , cause it wasn’t smooth at all , people finally got mango for Samsung 1.4 like 1 month late. guess it could have been worst doh :p

mind you it was smoother then IOS5 :p

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I would bet that is nothing new. I bet the Droid on ATT is a different number than the one on Verizon. I mean there is different hardware inside for the different antennas.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I would bet that is nothing new. I bet the Droid on ATT is a different number than the one on Verizon. I mean there is different hardware inside for the different antennas.

its not new

same phone on diffrent carrier even same network would have a diffrent numbers.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Guess what they're saying is its an exceptional job considering Microsoft had to account for all the variants and prepare and deliver updates themselves, compared to having OEM's update their devices individually, which can take months for each model in androids case. Especially considering Samsung made actual hardware changes to their Focus device, which is an entirely different situation to having to provide customised software updates based on region or country.

Cant really downplay they did a good job updating all device, only barring the at&t DVP at the moment, which is in testing. Compared to the previous nightmare of trying to pry WM updates from the grim hands of OEM's, its definitely a miracle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon