Hey guys,

Just wondering if it was possible to rip my Oasis - Definitely Maybe DVD into my pc and then to the phone. If so, what tools do I need/video formats etc...

Thanks!
    11-22-2011 08:10 PM
    So, if the DVD does not have a whole bunch of security and copy right protection features on it. You can just download the Microsoft Windows Live Movie Maker, open it up and click the button to add videos and drag the dvd disc over. And then go to save as and selected the WP7 options (there is a high quality and low quality).

If it has some protection on it, you have a little more work to do and I am not sure if we are allowed to say on here, since it is technically illegal violating those copy right protection things.
    11-22-2011 08:13 PM
    If you know what a torrent is, id suggest that route.....then sync with zune

Sent from my SGH-i917R using Board Express
    11-23-2011 07:01 AM
    Ps. Torrent= legal if you own hard copy n u don't share...deppending on country

Sent from my SGH-i917R using Board Express
    11-23-2011 07:02 AM
    Handbrake to convert iso files to whatever format you want.

Did not know windows live movie maker could do it. Will have to check it out.
    11-23-2011 07:35 AM
    Re-record the entire DVD using your handycam and a time machine.
    selfcreation likes this.
    11-23-2011 08:36 AM
    Re-record the entire DVD using your handycam and a time machine.

or you can just * LOOGLE* it... while you listening to *Motley lou*. im sure you will find all the info :P

IM ON MY WAAAY!!! hOME SWEET HOME!!!
    11-23-2011 08:50 AM
    I use a DVD decrypter to get the VOB files. then covert the VOB files to DV. Once that's done you can piece the DV files together using MPEG Streamclip (great bit of freeware), finally exporting the avi to MP4.
    11-23-2011 09:24 AM
    I use a DVD decrypter to get the VOB files. then covert the VOB files to DV. Once that's done you can piece the DV files together using MPEG Streamclip (great bit of freeware), finally exporting the final avi to MP4.
    Handbrake can do VOB files as well but does not require piecing converted files together. I have had a few not work, but out of my 600 movie collection I would say less than 15 have not worked with handbrake. One those it would only do one chapter and not continue onto the next.
    11-23-2011 09:26 AM
    That's handy to know, thanks. I'll give that a try. :) ^^
    11-23-2011 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD