Things I miss in WP7.5

Weust

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I've got a Nokia Lumia 800 since a week and loving the thing.
It's fast and the apps I want, and had on my former BB, are all there.

Coming from the BB however makes me miss a few options.
The main thing are the sound profiles.
There is, as far as I know off, no way to set profiles for Normal, Silent, Meeting, etc.
So, if I want to put the phone on silent I need to get to settings and then Ringtones and sounds, and just turn off the sound in general.

Why this is so limited is beyond me, plus I haven't found an app that can do it either. And no, I can't program it myself.

Same goes for a battery live tile viewer app. The Battery saver option in Settings show me the info I want, even though it's useless.
It can show me I have 3 hours left of battery, and 5 minutes later the battery level is critical. And the phone was just laying on my desk being idle.

What I also noticed is the huge amount of data usage.
On the BB I would use about 15 to 20MByte per month (I did software downloads with WiFi, as I do on the WP). Using Facebook, Whatsapp, email and some webbrowsing.
But on the WP in a week I've used over 75MByte or more for the same.
I used more since I did download some apps, but most were under 1MByte.
Wouldn't mind a app for showing me what it all does on the network.

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
You can put the phone into silent quickly, even from the lock screen.

Press the volume up or down button and it will show you the current volume at the top of the screen. At the right it will also say "ring+vibrate" with a bell graphic next to it. Press the bell and it will switch to just "vibrate".

Coming from a BB you are going to be disappointed with battery life. Very disappointed. My wife's BB lasts for a week on a partial charge; I fully charge my Omnia daily.

Weust

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Ah, I noticed that setting in the top when I got the phone, but later couldn't figure out how to get to it.
Basically I kept pressing the wrong buttons in the beginning...

But in general I still miss the profiles.
Which reminds me of another thing. On the BB I could set a different sounds for nearly every app that supported notifications. No such luck on WP :-(

The battery life I knew about before I got the phone.
My Curve 8900 laster 5 days even after 2.5 years of use.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
The ability to have an app to quickly change the sound profiles is probably the biggest thing I miss from my droid.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

jimi in phily

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
HTC Titan/WP 7.5 First impressions: Well first thing is I am experiencing an issue with connecting to my wireless n router if I am not broadcasting the SSID. If I broadcast it works fine.
Second, I can’t seem to figure out how to set a vibrate only notification for text and im messages and leave the other notifications to be ringtones.
Lastly, I am now noticing that my pop e-mail account does not leave a copy of messages on the server, so if I delete it off my phone the message is deleted from the server as well. I usually leave all my mail on the server and then let Outlook pull the mail down when I check mail from my desktop.
If anyone knows if I am missing something for these let me know.
Otherwise the phone is awesome

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
HTC Titan/WP 7.5 First impressions: Well first thing is I am experiencing an issue with connecting to my wireless n router if I am not broadcasting the SSID. If I broadcast it works fine.
Second, I can?t seem to figure out how to set a vibrate only notification for text and im messages and leave the other notifications to be ringtones.
Lastly, I am now noticing that my pop e-mail account does not leave a copy of messages on the server, so if I delete it off my phone the message is deleted from the server as well. I usually leave all my mail on the server and then let Outlook pull the mail down when I check mail from my desktop.

system volume doesn?t split up like that .. its ether on or off , you cant have ring tone on vibrate and have SMS on NOISE.

if you delete from your phone it deletes from Server , and vice versa.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Second, I can?t seem to figure out how to set a vibrate only notification for text and im messages and leave the other notifications to be ringtones.

Smartphones should always leave a copy on the server. The only thing I can suggest is to get out of the habit of deleting emails from your smartphone and only delete them from your desktop. Sometimes these habits are hard to break though.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Which reminds me of another thing. On the BB I could set a different sounds for nearly every app that supported notifications. No such luck on WP :-(

I have a suggestion. Try having no notification sounds (other than text and voicemail) for a week. You might find it liberating to no longer be a slave to your phone. I know it's annoying when someone suggests changing YOU when the problem is your phone, but I think ultimately you would be happier this way.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
There was an option with Windows Mobile 6.1 to either leave message on the server or delete them from the server

ethylove

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
What I also noticed is the huge amount of data usage.
On the BB I would use about 15 to 20MByte per month (I did software downloads with WiFi, as I do on the WP). Using Facebook, Whatsapp, email and some webbrowsing.
But on the WP in a week I've used over 75MByte or more for the same.
I used more since I did download some apps, but most were under 1MByte.
Wouldn't mind a app for showing me what it all does on the network.

I'm pretty sure BB would route emails and stuff through their system and compress it before it gets to your device. I'm unsurprised by the large increase in data usage. That was one of the benefits of being on a BB but also lead to a lot of 'message too large to be displayed' notices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo