The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
12-05-2011 01:52 AM
31 12
tools
    Em... someone just rang me, I finished the call and now... well nothing... the screen is off and I can't make it come back on? the buttons vibrate when I touch them but nothing happens - if I ring the phone, it goes straight to answermachine. :excl:
    12-02-2011 08:10 AM
    1)Skydive photos should show up in the Pictures hub. Under "albums"

2)You can use a MP3 as a ringtone, just not directly from the phone. It has to be a certain size. There's a tutorial on how to make mp3 ringtones here at WPC

3)Never tried Plus

So the phone has arrived and I'm very happy with it so far - few questions:

1) I thought photos I stuck in skydrive would automatically be available on the phone? I can't find them?

2) Is it still the case, you can't set an MP3 as an ringtone?

3) I can't work out how you'd log into Pulse news? There seems to be no option for?

Thanks in advance.
    12-02-2011 08:25 AM
    Power cycle the phone. Sounds like it's just stuck in some funky mode.
    Em... someone just rang me, I finished the call and now... well nothing... the screen is off and I can't make it come back on? the buttons vibrate when I touch them but nothing happens - if I ring the phone, it goes straight to answermachine. :excl:
    12-02-2011 08:26 AM
    Thanks - power-cycling the phone solved that problem. As for Sky-drive, the photos are there but they are not appearing on the phone... hum...

Edit:

Ah... after you link a phone, it creates a specific Skydrive folder, by moving "my photos" folder into that folder, they now appear on the phone...

So far, barring the odd glitch, I'm quite enjoying this, the GUI is a refreshing change from the (in my view) chaotic nature of Android.
    Last edited by cgk1; 12-02-2011 at 08:32 AM.
    12-02-2011 08:27 AM
    Glad to hear you're enjoying the OS :)

Which phone did you end up getting?
    12-04-2011 05:43 PM
    Glad to hear you're enjoying the OS :)

Which phone did you end up getting?

It was a freebie from Nokia, so a lumia 800, the more I use it, the more I like the experience - I've used all of the OSes (bar iOS) and by far this is the only one I've actually liked rather than simply put up with.
    12-05-2011 01:52 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD