Coming over from android - few questions

Fleon

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
In the most recent skydive blog post they seem to hint it is coming.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

I've seen that, and I'm hoping. It really would make it a premier cloud storage solution if it actually surfaces soon- the 25GB, decent web interface, web office apps, and robust sharing ability would be pretty excellent with a desktop client to sync to.

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
For Picasa, I've been using Picasa Metro.

Also, after upgrading to Mango, I was no longer able to sync any Google accts that didn't use a gmail address. Others have experienced this, as well. A pita, for me anyway.

And I had some issues with a couple forums not working w/Board Express at one time. Either they've since updated their plug in, or maybe BE was updated or something.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Other guys are correct. However, I love SkyDrive; nothing beats having my class notes auto-sync to my phone.

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I've seen that, and I'm hoping. It really would make it a premier cloud storage solution if it actually surfaces soon- the 25GB, decent web interface, web office apps, and robust sharing ability would be pretty excellent with a desktop client to sync to.

No desktop client but....

In addition to some of the sharing and file management features, we continue to look for ways we can take advantage of modern browsing technologies. Today we rely on Silverlight to provide rich upload support. In this release, we?re introducing drag and drop as a way to upload files and photos for browsers that support HTML5 File API like Internet Explorer 10, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari. And while your files are uploading, you can continue to browse and use SkyDrive. You no longer have to sit and wait for uploads to complete.

Inside Windows Live

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
So the phone has arrived and I'm very happy with it so far - few questions:

1) I thought photos I stuck in skydrive would automatically be available on the phone? I can't find them?

2) Is it still the case, you can't set an MP3 as an ringtone?

3) I can't work out how you'd log into Pulse news? There seems to be no option for?

Thanks in advance.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Em... someone just rang me, I finished the call and now... well nothing... the screen is off and I can't make it come back on? the buttons vibrate when I touch them but nothing happens - if I ring the phone, it goes straight to answermachine. :excl:

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
1)Skydive photos should show up in the Pictures hub. Under "albums"

2)You can use a MP3 as a ringtone, just not directly from the phone. It has to be a certain size. There's a tutorial on how to make mp3 ringtones here at WPC

3)Never tried Plus

So the phone has arrived and I'm very happy with it so far - few questions:

1) I thought photos I stuck in skydrive would automatically be available on the phone? I can't find them?

2) Is it still the case, you can't set an MP3 as an ringtone?

3) I can't work out how you'd log into Pulse news? There seems to be no option for?

Thanks in advance.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Power cycle the phone. Sounds like it's just stuck in some funky mode.
Em... someone just rang me, I finished the call and now... well nothing... the screen is off and I can't make it come back on? the buttons vibrate when I touch them but nothing happens - if I ring the phone, it goes straight to answermachine. :excl:

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks - power-cycling the phone solved that problem. As for Sky-drive, the photos are there but they are not appearing on the phone... hum...

Edit:

Ah... after you link a phone, it creates a specific Skydrive folder, by moving "my photos" folder into that folder, they now appear on the phone...

So far, barring the odd glitch, I'm quite enjoying this, the GUI is a refreshing change from the (in my view) chaotic nature of Android.

Last edited:

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear you're enjoying the OS :)

Which phone did you end up getting?

It was a freebie from Nokia, so a lumia 800, the more I use it, the more I like the experience - I've used all of the OSes (bar iOS) and by far this is the only one I've actually liked rather than simply put up with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos