Voice Commands

Musicjunkie0210

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Is there a complete list anywhere of what exactly can be said as a voice command? I'm already familiar with what I assume is all of them like;

Text (Person)

Call (Person)

Find (Online Search)

Open (App)

Is there anyway to like, get sports scores for instance? Or do I have to just search the internet for it?

Weather would be cool too, even though I have the app, maybe just to be cool

Musicjunkie0210

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Just found a neat trick; if you say the name of a sports team, it'll automatically bring up the most recent score as well as the dates for the next 3 scheduled games. It was pretty cool

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
On top of the sports team there is.

If you say "weather [CITY NAME] it bring up the current conditions for that city and a 5 day forecast. If you just say "weather" it will bring up the weather for your current location.

If you say "Movie Times" The first result will be movies showing near you. Clicking on that brings up a list of those movies with their ratings and running time. Clicking on a specific movie will give you a list of the times it is playing at what movie theater. Clicking on a specific movie theater, you can map it, see what else is playing when, review it, call it, etc.

If you say "movie times [theater name] it will find it directly to that theater.

If you say "stock [company/trade name] you will get the stock questions. Example "stock microsoft".

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Not a voice command, but if you use the bing vision and click scan text, if you click the ellipses (...) you can copy the text it found and paste it into an email or document, etc.

keyboardP

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
You can do a search for certain types of activities. For example, saying 'find coffee' searches for local coffee shops near you automatically (instead of searching Bing web search for 'coffee'). Likewise with 'cinema' etc.. Pretty much local scout, but specific to your search.

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Is there a complete list anywhere of what exactly can be said as a voice command? I'm already familiar with what I assume is all of them like;

Text (Person)

Call (Person)

Find (Online Search)

Open (App)

Is there anyway to like, get sports scores for instance? Or do I have to just search the internet for it?

Weather would be cool too, even though I have the app, maybe just to be cool

Two things built into WP7 will give you this guidance:

1. Long-press start to enter TellMe.
2. Say, "Help"
or, Touch the circled question mark on the TellMe panel
You'll get several pages of examples.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if anybody else has the same issue I do. My phone can't understand anything I say. I think I speak very clearly and enunciate my words. I don't understand.

Here's an example. Yesterday, I was driving with my girlfriend and we were talking about that square gum they used to have with the juice in the center. Because I was driving, I used TellMe and said, "find gum with juice center." It said something like, "searching for fallout shelter." I did it two more times and got equally horrible response. In the meantime, while cracking up, my girlfriend searched for it on her Android phone and found Freshenup gum. So I used TellMe again and said, "find freshenup gum." I swear this is exactly what it said, "searching for side boob." It came up with all sorts of sideboob web sites. My girlfriend took my phone and used TellMe to say, "find freshenup gum." My phone said, "searching for freshenup gum," and brought up the right results.

Maybe it has something to do with my voice. I might need vocal training to use my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos