Ditching Outlook for Hotmail

Soundtweaker

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I have 4 pop3 accounts I'm using thru Hotmail now. Everything went well except when I delete mail from Hotmail it stays on my WP7. So I have to delete each email twice. Is there a way around this with Hotmail so emails delete off my phone at the same time, like it did with Outlook?

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Make sure Hotmail is conigured to delete from the server when you delete an email. If that is the case then it should delete form your phone at the next sycnhronization. It is not instantaneous since with POP accounts.

Forgewizard

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
If there is, I haven't found it yet. :dry It may depend upon your hotmail account.I have a regular; maybe the hotmail plus offers the ability to "sync" trash? Although if I remember correctly my old Palm pre gave me the choice to delete either one, the other or both. It would be nice.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I have 4 pop3 accounts I'm using thru Hotmail now. Everything went well except when I delete mail from Hotmail it stays on my WP7. So I have to delete each email twice. Is there a way around this with Hotmail so emails delete off my phone at the same time, like it did with Outlook?

They have started rolling out a revised version of hotmail and there are several new features I read about it on liveside.com you might want to look at the article. It was put on their site today. One of the things they mentioned was improved handling of email. Not sure what all was involved. It going to be rolled out incrementally starting today.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
They have started rolling out a revised version of hotmail and there are several new features I read about it on liveside.com you might want to look at the article. It was put on their site today. One of the things they mentioned was improved handling of email. Not sure what all was involved. It going to be rolled out incrementally starting today.
That link doesn't work and it actually took me to a suspicious site on first click (pop-ups, tracking info, etc.).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb