trying to figure out how to do a local search over contacts, emails, sms and so on..

when I use the search button I just get the bing search. How do I switch to local search? Do I really have to go into my contacts to call someone? any more clever way?

New to WP7. I am using a BB 9900 as a business phone..
    11-28-2011 02:22 AM

No local search i'm afraid steiale, the quickest way of accessing a contact is pinning it to your home screen by long holding it. (Pin to start)

While I understand you don't want all your contacts pinned this way, it does fine for a few regulary used contacts

Oh and welcome along to WPCentral. :)
    steiale likes this.
    11-28-2011 02:29 AM
    thank u for the quick answer.. so I hope it will be integrated real soon. I guess there is nothing like a feature list for the next WP7 realease?
    11-28-2011 02:31 AM
    You're most welcome steiale, no list, but Microsoft do have a request / feedback website where you can vote for features or add one if it's not currently there.

You can find it on the URL below.

Customer Feedback for Windows Phone

:)
    11-28-2011 02:34 AM
    FYI You can also pin groups to the home-screen.
    steiale likes this.
    11-28-2011 02:45 AM
    Good hint. I already started to do groups.. like that feature..
    11-28-2011 03:11 AM
    trying to figure out how to do a local search over contacts, emails, sms and so on..

when I use the search button I just get the bing search. How do I switch to local search? Do I really have to go into my contacts to call someone? any more clever way?

New to WP7. I am using a BB 9900 as a business phone..
    You can do it via voice controls too.
    11-28-2011 06:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD