Transparant wallpaper question

Mosterd

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm new to making wallpapers for my phone and was fiddling around with a transparant .png

The problem i run in to is:
-My Lumia800 fills the transparant parts with the clock/date when the phone is locked.
-When i touch the screen and slide it up slightly, the copied date and time disappears and it go's transparant...

Anything i can do to stop it copying?

Thanks in advance.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks a lot for the reply The Weebear :)

It's a shame it loops the image though, hope they'll fix it someday :D

You're very welcome Mosterd. It's too much of a pain creating them now for a whole 1 seconds viewing.

Yes, hopefully the quick transparent PNG method will return in the future.

keyboardP

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,
I'm the one who discovered the transparent wallpapers and I've been trying to find a fix for Mango (whenever I have time) that doesn't require too much effort in the creation process. Unfortunately, the problem seems to be lying beyond the control of what we can access. I noticed that, since Mango, the pin-lock also allows transparency, but everything becomes blurred. I've tried using transparent GIF and BMP files, but no luck yet. I'm still going to be testing things whenever I can (not quite high priority :)), but it's a shame they removed this feature as I thought it was something really quite unique to the phone. It certainly made my friends try and find transparent wallpapers for their non-WP phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs