Any word on 7740 update?

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
My girlfriend today got this update (7740) on her unbranded Optimus 7 LG ....
still no internet sharing ...
I don't understand when the tethering will be released for everybody ... I know some users got tethering on Optimus 7 ... I just don't undertand the policy for providing it ...

Well if you are in the Vodafone Group or unbranded Optimus 7, then you will have to wait a bit longer (like me :D) for internet sharing, because they are making political games about should this option be coming on unbranded phones and whats the profit for the carriers. I read this in magazine, if i find the link i'll posted here.

dragonide

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Well if you are in the Vodafone Group or unbranded Optimus 7, then you will have to wait a bit longer (like me :D) for internet sharing, because they are making political games about should this option be coming on unbranded phones and whats the profit for the carriers. I read this in magazine, if i find the link i'll posted here.

Yes please, a link bould be really appreciated ...
Thx in advance ...

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes please, a link bould be really appreciated ...
Thx in advance ...

Link to the Microsoft answer site where people like us are asking about Internet Sharing. Official response from MS is: Microsoft delivers the update to carriers, and carriers deliver it to the customers.
Whether the phone is unbranded or not, you will still receive the update from the carrier that was supposed to be in charge at the beginning. For this reason, you might want to have a look at whether your carrier supports these features.

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
This is MS update and LG didn't know anything:

Mobile Phone Support: Hello, Martin STrahilovski. Can I help you with anything today?
Mobile Phone Support: Good afternoon you're through to Stefan, how can I help you today? Please note that following this chat there is a short survey that will allow you to rate the Live Chat service you have received today.
Martin STrahilovski: Hello, I would like to ask when the Internet Sharing will be delievered to the Optimus 7 devices worldwide (Vodafone Group)?
Mobile Phone Support: Unfortunately we do not have any information regarding this feature at the support center. I would suggest contacting Microsoft as they distribute the software updates.
Martin STrahilovski: Thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss