How Do I...and an interesting AT&T story...

daknarr

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello, all,

Let me start off by saying I was a complete idiot as a disclaimer, and I'll tell you why. I went to my neighbourhood AT&T store (despite me being a long time Verizon customer) to see the Focus S, and the Titan. Both VERY nice devices (as well, might I add, was the Focus Flash) although I would probably give the edge to the Titan. I do not have a WP7 device as I'm waiting for Verizon to see the light through the Windows (sorry?I just had to), but I am a BIG fan of the OS. I opened the Office app, and saw the SKYDRIVE selection. I wanted to see how this would integrate as I DO use Skydrive. Well, it asked me for my username and password. I gave them. Are you all cringing? Yeah, well, it did a restart, and whala! There was my Skydrive info for all the store to see. Now I'm not usually this stupid (well, perhaps I am), but I figured I could play with it for a while, and then just SIGN OFF of the Skydrive app. Only I couldn't. I didn't know how. So I called a rep over to give me a hand, and of course she doesn't know how to do it. We played with it for a good while, and still there I was! So she decided to consult the store expert. Nada. She then goes as far as to say, "That's why I don't recommend these phones. You may be happier with an iPhone, or the many Android phones we have". This gave me pause.

Really? Amazing! Well, I couldn?t just let that go. I asked her why, and her response was that the OS sucked. This was an AT&T sales person supposedly representing ALL AT&T phones. I had to press. Through further questioning, I exposed her lack of tech knowledge, much to her surprise. She insisted the OS sucked regardless of her arguments being unsubstantiated, and offered that Android?s frequent lock-ups were what people who get Android phones know and expect. Oye vey! Well, I had to leave. My point behind the story is, I have always gone to see the new WP7 phones regardless of carrier, but this was the first actual experience I had where the rep said the OS sucked. I was very nearly furious. If this is what Microsoft is up against, how on Earth are they ever to gain ground! The ignoramus removed the phone from the display as to protect my security, and promptly went home and changed my Skydrive password. That should do it, shouldn?t it?

P.S. What exactly IS the procedure for signing out of Skydrive from a WP device?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure of a sign off procedure if you went through the Office Hub. Because you didn't just sign into SkyDrive. You may have linked your LIVE account to that phone. And that is something that can only be fixed by resetting the device.

daknarr

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Flexx,

Hmmm...well that could be a problem. They did reset the phone, or at least they did something that made it do a restart, but I was still there. I'm wondering, then, if changing my password (as I have done) on a PC would remove access from the device.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
A customer of mine had a skydrive problem like that, with dirty pictures of her available for everyone. I didn't knew how to sign her out but the pictures could be moved away from the album.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Gotta believe an actual hard reset would have cleared the SkyDrive info. They probably only restarted the phone (soft reset). For the next you are tinkering. Settings>About>Reset your phone

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Still agreeing with everyone else, Reset the phone. Only way to be sure. You should really do this anytime you play with a phone where you may have put in phone numbers or login info. In my time looking at the Titan and Focus S/Flash; I couldn't believe how much personal information was on the display models. Just wow.

mattdreed

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
P.S. What exactly IS the procedure for signing out of Skydrive from a WP device?

You can go to Settings, flick to Applications, then select Office. There's a button to "Reset Office." that should take care of it if the hard reset didn't.

The other thing would be to go to "Email + Accounts" under the System settings and make sure no accounts were saved.

--MATT

daknarr

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the info, guys! I DID change my password, so hopefully that was what was needed. I'd go back to the store, but I'll only get onto an argument with her...again! Thinking of getting a used Trophy. It's 1st gen, but it's also Verizon, and I'd rather not burn a NE2 when Nokia's right around the corner.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky