No more Nokia?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
If someone were to want to buy Nokia, they'd have to do it soon.

Once Nokia gets those US Windows Phones out I'm sure their stock price will go up.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Nokia + Android = barf. Nokia will sucessed with Microsoft soo much potential they match up very well.

Nokia could be the go to guy for all AAA MS platforms imagine a Nokia Lumia designed tablet or Nokia designed ultrabook or Nokia designed blackberry styled phones.

The writer probably doesn't even know how to uninstall a program in Windows and now hes writing Nokias dead come on now

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
MSFT should put the bid in and make THEE quintessential WP the Apple does with the iPhone. If the Lumias take off here the way they are in Europe (600000 new MSFT based facebook users in a month after Nokia launched according to a new study), they should be fine.

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
He'll be eating crow for sure when my prediction of Soap Opera Digest's resurgence comes to fruition.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
A short sighted analysis to say the least. I'd be buying Nokia shares like they're going out of fashion right now.... if I had the money.

Kahuna Cowboy

May 25, 2011
Visit site
"If" Nokia were to fail and MS does buy them, it would really say MS is in the Windows Phone project for the long haul, and it's not going to be another Kin, Zune, or Vista.

I hope MS does buy them. Only good things can come from it.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
That article was published June 22, 2011. It's old, the writer doesn't even use the correct terms (he writes "the Microsoft Windows mobile OS" instead of saying Windows Phone 7), and the website is complete garbage which may indicate no one is taking that website seriously. I know I don't :p.

Last edited:

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
A short sighted analysis to say the least. I'd be buying Nokia shares like they're going out of fashion right now.... if I had the money.
Calling that article "analysis" is quite a stretch, in my opinion. I have not read a single reputable analyst make such an outrageous prediction that Nokia will die in 2012. It is flat out stupid to make such a prediction. Even if Nokia didn't go with Windows Phone, they wouldn't exactly "die" in 2012. Maybe a year or two later, but not in 2012. Come on.

"If" Nokia were to fail and MS does buy them, it would really say MS is in the Windows Phone project for the long haul, and it's not going to be another Kin, Zune, or Vista.

I hope MS does buy them. Only good things can come from it.
MS will not buy Nokia. The deal they struck will bring plenty of money to both. Ballmer and Elop have said that such acquisition is not in their best interests. Also, if you noticed, MS appears to be moving away from the OEM hardware business, with the exception of Xbox. They killed the Kin and the Zune PMP.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Calling that article "analysis" is quite a stretch, in my opinion. I have not read a single reputable analyst make such an outrageous prediction that Nokia will die in 2012. It is flat out stupid to make such a prediction. Even if Nokia didn't go with Windows Phone, they wouldn't exactly "die" in 2012. Maybe a year or two later, but not in 2012. Come on.

MS will not buy Nokia. The deal they struck will bring plenty of money to both. Ballmer and Elop have said that such acquisition is not in their best interests. Also, if you noticed, MS appears to be moving away from the OEM hardware business, with the exception of Xbox. They killed the Kin and the Zune PMP.

WP is based on Zune and Kin. IMO Zune and Kin are just test fun devices they pushed out. IMO they could of done more with the Zune maybe if they attached the Xbox name to the Zune HD brand it would of sold alot better.

Zune HD could be better than what iPod is today if they marketed and advertised that you can buy cheap games and play them on a go it could be competing with the 3DS's iPods and Vitas today

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
WP is based on Zune and Kin. IMO Zune and Kin are just test fun devices they pushed out. IMO they could of done more with the Zune maybe if they attached the Xbox name to the Zune HD brand it would of sold alot better.

Zune HD could be better than what iPod is today if they marketed and advertised that you can buy cheap games and play them on a go it could be competing with the 3DS's iPods and Vitas today
Getting bigger market share for the Zune was less about marketing the hardware and more about bringing people to the Zune software ecosystem. Let's face it, the iTunes Store is one of the biggest monopolies out there. A non-Apple device cannot seamlessly work with iTunes. If Microsoft had created "iTunes", all sorts of people would've been throwing the monopoly flag, but Apple somehow got away (and continues to get away) with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss