This OS is in desperate need of a 2nd home screen.

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
I like the 'core idea' of using custom hubs as folders to have specific apps within it; the problem with this though is the time that takes to open a hub (with all the animation and stuff) Yeah, yeah it's probably less than 2 secs but still it might be annoying over time.

If "I like the way it is" fits you then I guess Microsoft shouldn't released anything at all then and we could all just forget about Tango, Apollo, et all. :dry

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm up for the merging tiles idea. The tile flips to show each app it's merged with and gives you a list to select from once you access the tile.

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I like the 'core idea' of using custom hubs as folders to have specific apps within it; the problem with this though is the time that takes to open a hub (with all the animation and stuff) Yeah, yeah it's probably less than 2 secs but still it might be annoying over time.

If "I like the way it is" fits you then I guess Microsoft shouldn't released anything at all then and we could all just forget about Tango, Apollo, et all. :dry

I don't think anyone is implying that the os shouldn't advance or change, just that incessantly whining and calling anyone who isn't angry with it "delusional", or acting as if your opinion is total fact will not strengthen your argument any further as to what you personally think needs fixing..

I just get sick of hearing people calling others down because they aren't horribly disappointed with the current state of things.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
As I'm not a dev, I don't know how difficult this would be, but if we could merge tiles, I believe it would solve any home screen AND notification issues people are experiencing. A hybrid tile that's been merged with other tiles would flip (horizontally) showing each app it's merge with and their notification count as normal. Horizontal flips are key in separating apps like pages in a book. Each independent app can still show their flip side by flipping vertically.

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Neither will saying I like it make it cease to be an obvious issue.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

once again, I know you think that your opinion is the be all end all, and that is fairly obvious, however an "obvious issue" to one might not be an obvious issue to someone else.

Perhaps try showing a little respect, and also learning to have some humility.

BostonSammy

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Let's recap... windows phones have toast notifications, live tile notifications and a list of notifications inside many apps, including a running list inside the me tile.

There are clearly not enough ways to view notifications ;)

dakuma

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
2 rows is plenty for me...the arrow is something I don't use often but I would never say it bugs me...perhaps we could have a couple more icons below the arrow?? Page down perhaps or a jumplist shortcut?? Maybe even a notification icon :). Yeah that would work...but don't mess with the size of the tiles!

Sent from my Samsung Focus! Board Express Rocks! WP7 4ever!

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
once again, I know you think that your opinion is the be all end all, and that is fairly obvious, however an "obvious issue" to one might not be an obvious issue to someone else.

Perhaps try showing a little respect, and also learning to have some humility.

This has nothing to do with my opinion, and it's not disrespectful. Your post upthread lacked respect. That's why I ignored it.

You don't have to view my posts. The ignore feature exists for a reason.

I wholeheartedly support it.

Ciao.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Big Supes, sorry if what I say upsets you to the point where you need to change it..didnt think it was that bad..

Anyway, I pinned the me tile to my home screen and I think it's a lousy excuse for a notification system. At first I thought it was cool when I got a fb like but quickly grew tired of waiting for it to flip. Also Im not too keen on having a picture of myself on my home screen..

Last edited:

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
2 rows is plenty for me...the arrow is something I don't use often but I would never say it bugs me...perhaps we could have a couple more icons below the arrow?? Page down perhaps or a jumplist shortcut?? Maybe even a notification icon :). Yeah that would work...but don't mess with the size of the tiles!

Sent from my Samsung Focus! Board Express Rocks! WP7 4ever!

That arrow is completely useless and takes up space. I would be surprised if Microsoft includes it in next gen devices. I feel like we're the guinea pigs..lol.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Different strokes for different folks I like that for the most we can state our cases in a civil tone and the end results is that possibilities for constructive chnage can be determined and maybe hopefully folk from MS and the carriers have people lurking and scoping out for changes or if not that if ideas seem plausible at least we have a place to bring it direcyly to MS's attention in the voting section and keep advancing the os to where more people are happier with it and more people are adopting the platform.

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
This has nothing to do with my opinion, and it's not disrespectful. Your post upthread lacked respect. That's why I ignored it.

You don't have to view my posts. The ignore feature exists for a reason.

I wholeheartedly support it.

Ciao.

so then explain how your opinion of something being an obvious issue means it IS an obvious issue?

You pull the exact same stuff on xda, I see you called out for your arrogance constantly..

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Because everyone that isn't obviously biased like you has come to that pretty common sense uaability-related conclusion.

The notification system in this OS is extremely lacking.

I guess all you do on your phone play on twitter and Facebook, though.

Do me a favor and ignore me so I don't have to entertain your rhetorical questions.

I'm arrogant. You're bitter and ignorant. Which is worse?

P.S. Good job on toting down the disrespect. By now I'm used to being called names by platform warlocks. No skin off my back :)

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
biased?

I had wp7 for like a month, I've been an android user for 2 years lol..
I like android too, I just like good phones.

Unlike you though I realize that people like different things.

I wonder how you're so busy yet you come on here hours at a time. Since, you know, everyone who doesn't use their phone to the epic proportions you do obviously just uses it strictly to dabble on twitter, etc..

Which company do you run/country do you govern?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers