How to sync multiple users

mhedgpeth

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I both own(ed) iPhones and had a shared account on her mac laptop with iTunes. We both bought Titans this week and a new dell laptop running Windows 7.

My question: How should I manage our syncing on the same computer? Ideally we would like to share music, photos, apps, but let her sync with her local Outlook for calendar, contacts, and email (I use my work exchange account and gmail exchange).

Thanks,
Michael

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Load Zune. You would need to share the same Windows Live ID to share music, games and applications with Zune, that you purchased through Zune.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
are you using the SAME live ID ?

- you cant share apps/games ,, each LIVE ID (gamer tag ) have to pay for the app...

- might be the same thing for Music that you buy ( unless you previously had it )

what you have to do ,, ether dont use the same PC or every time you sync a diffrent Phone , you have to change WHO is the PRIMEARY phone. ( not primary = cant sync cant update ) not very hard to do take 1 sec

Settings --> Account --> Computers and phones --> Get Connected

with that you can sync eveything aside from what you hade to BUY.

the words in the steps might be different cause i translated from French to English lol.. but that’s roughly it.

mhedgpeth

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
She didn't have a live id before getting the phone, but I set her up with one. I was going to use my MSDN subscription id so all of that would be connected (I get my phone and the laptop today). I can just drop hers and use mine, but wouldn't that share too many things, like the email and contacts? It looks like there is one live id for everything.

I was thinking of putting all photos and music in shared folders in the OS and syncing with dedicated users. Or I can sync with my computer at work, but I couldn't get photos that she takes.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah it would sync e-mails and all the stuff you wouldn’t want if you had same Live ID

what you could do is:

put in your live ID. ( remove the E-mail tile ) and remove Automatic sync

then put in a second e-mail witch creates a secondary E-mail tiles for that E-mail account..

but she would still have access to your account. ( all your e-mails calendar ect… )

mhedgpeth

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I probably wouldn't want to do that. I'm fine with purchasing them separately, but I still want to share the same music and photos. We'll just as a rule not buy music on the phone and put it in the shared folder.

Would putting the music and photos in the shared space between two users in the OS work?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I probably wouldn't want to do that. I'm fine with purchasing them separately, but I still want to share the same music and photos. We'll just as a rule not buy music on the phone and put it in the shared folder.

Would putting the music and photos in the shared space between two users in the OS work?

i would assume , again i dont have 2 WP at home lol...

i have ALLLOT of music that i dint pay for.... (torrent ) i created a music folder with ZUNE and put all my music in that folder.. BOOM phone had it....
s
o in theory it should work , but again some * STOLEN* music simply won?t sync cause of certifications and Encryptions... forgot what the technical term was.. is aw it on this forum a phew weeks ago

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
What if you have linked Live IDs? I have linked three Live IDs (of which only one is a @live.com/@hotmail.com address). Would that share the same benefits for apps as if they were on one Live ID? Would that solve the problem?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
What if you have linked Live IDs? I have linked three Live IDs (of which only one is a @live.com/@hotmail.com address). Would that share the same benefits for apps as if they were on one Live ID? Would that solve the problem?

the way it works is only ONE live IDis used to get a XBL account and that can only haveONE gamer tag .. so basicly ONE live account , so having them link is not gona work

the LINK is so they get all combined , nothing to do with the actual XBL account

not sure if thats clear or not. lol sorry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb