Another WP WIN! Spreadsheets on the Fly

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Did this today at the studio (fitness joint), only had a few minutes and created an excel sheet to track some numbers for a group class. The reason this is a win is because it was convenient as ****, went right to skydrive and saved me about 30 mins.

Seriously LOVE this OS!

PS:
FOR THE LOVE OF (insert personal lord and savior here), DO NOT TURN THIS INTO DUAL VS SINGLE CORE!

And yes D5, I just had a sTiFf CuP oF cOfFeE!!

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I have all my pictures uploaded to SkyDrive automatically when I first got my Arrive way back when I started with windows phone. I dropped the phone broke the **** out of it wouldn't work. Earlier that day I had taken a picture of some wiring on a machine I was working on just before I disconnected it. A couple of weeks go by I have a new Arrive and I'm putting the machine back together but o_O crap I don't have the picture any more i took it with the phone that broke. Then it hit me Skydrive.... Saved my *** that day for sure. Windows Phone rocks!

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I reviewed my powerpoint for my presentation on my way to class today.... noticed that I had a typo and fixed it on my phone! Granted, it wasn't through skydrive, (I had to email it to myself because skydrive syncing isn't working, about to make a thread on it) but having Office on my phone is FANTASTIC.

Only thing that sucks though is that equations do not show up on word documents. I'm a Mechanical Engineering major. That's kind of important to me.

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I know what you mean, it's funny how you know the features are there but until you actually use them and they save you time and effort you don't realise how good they are. I had the same thing with a powerpoint presentation the other day.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I have all my pictures uploaded to SkyDrive automatically when I first got my Arrive way back when I started with windows phone. I dropped the phone broke the **** out of it wouldn't work. Earlier that day I had taken a picture of some wiring on a machine I was working on just before I disconnected it. A couple of weeks go by I have a new Arrive and I'm putting the machine back together but o_O crap I don't have the picture any more i took it with the phone that broke. Then it hit me Skydrive.... Saved my *** that day for sure. Windows Phone rocks!

If your phone was dual core it wouldn't have broken.....

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
agreed I'm an electrical engineer and being able to do spreadsheets on the fly is very helpful to me..

If only there was an autocad app for wp7

Wiccan Lagar

Aug 17, 2011
www.mpiofny.com
agreed I'm an electrical engineer and being able to do spreadsheets on the fly is very helpful to me..

If only there was an autocad app for wp7

I think you need dual core that. CAD stands for "Could Accommodate Dual"

I'm sorry. I had to. :p

Sent from my Venue Pro using Board Express

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I say dual core devices don't bounce a 30 foot drop would kill any device. Dual core doesn't augment reality just like wanting the back cover on the AT&T Titan to be made of plastic doesn't make it happen. ITS ALUMINUM PEOPLE! I seriously have no issue with my off topic rant because I'm really not sure what the topic of this thread is.

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I use SkyDrive as well for syncing pics and docs. But I am disappointed that I can't sync a OneNote notebook from OneNote 2007 and use it on my phone.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I use SkyDrive as well for syncing pics and docs. But I am disappointed that I can't sync a OneNote notebook from OneNote 2007 and use it on my phone.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Almost all of my OneNote files are from my laptop, (synced into SkyDrive where I can read them - abheit with much less formatting - on my Focus S).

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I do like that WP Office files sync with Skydrive but excel spreadsheets on the fly aren't really unique to WP. BlackBerrys have a DocstoGo app that create spreadsheets, documents, and presentations on the fly in docx, xlsx, and pptx formats. But I do agree, the Skydrive syncing is great.

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I do like that WP Office files sync with Skydrive but excel spreadsheets on the fly aren't really unique to WP. BlackBerrys have a DocstoGo app that create spreadsheets, documents, and presentations on the fly in docx, xlsx, and pptx formats. But I do agree, the Skydrive syncing is great.

yeah that you have to purchase for 20 bucks...

Blackberry os is about as archaic as you can get

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I reviewed my powerpoint for my presentation on my way to class today.... noticed that I had a typo and fixed it on my phone! Granted, it wasn't through skydrive, (I had to email it to myself because skydrive syncing isn't working, about to make a thread on it) but having Office on my phone is FANTASTIC.

Only thing that sucks though is that equations do not show up on word documents. I'm a Mechanical Engineering major. That's kind of important to me.

There was an article here and on other wites that the changes which were trotted out within the last couple of days to Skydrive were causing sync issues with office. You might want to read the article there is workaround.

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Enabling the auto upload of SkyDrive and creating a live account for my WP users is now standard practice. They may not even realise that I am doing them an enormous favour but one day... one day they will.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I view powerpoints and spreadsheets on my phone all the time! Do you guys really edit excel spreadsheets though. I found editing spreadsheets on the phone screws up the formulas. But it's a major plus to be able to view them on the go.

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Almost all of my OneNote files are from my laptop, (synced into SkyDrive where I can read them - abheit with much less formatting - on my Focus S).

Yes. OneNote 2010.

2003 and 2007 versions don't work too well or at all with SkyDrive.

My other Phone came with ThinkFree full version bit I bought QuickOffice Pro to use with my 50gb Box account so I never really seen that as a win.

I do like the built in Office365 and more importantly SharePoint support.

Don't tend to use OneNote much since a smartphone is too limited irt input for serious notetaking. Use it on my desktop, though. :)

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
yeah that you have to purchase for 20 bucks...

Blackberry os is about as archaic as you can get

Documents to go is preloaded on blackberries. RIM bought DataVis a couple or few years ago. Lol.

And I don't auto upload my pictures to SkyDrive. It's a waste of bandwidth and battery. It resizes your pictures too aggressively for my liking. It can completely make details then we're visible in the original shot invisible in the SkyDrive version.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo