can facebook icon be removed from People tile?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't use Facebook, so it's annoying to see that little "f" tile all the time. Can it be removed at all? I don't understand why its even there if I never set up a Facebook account to sync.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the live tile. It does show my contact pictures, but it also shows the Facebook icon.

Edit: I need to edit my stats. Yes I have Mango on a shiny new Titan. :)

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I know for a fact that you can NOT remove it IF and ONLY IF your facebook account is synced... Why it shows up at all when you don't have a facebook account is pretty interesting.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps it took the email account from my deactivated Facebook account? I guess if someone else without a Facebook account can chime in and let me/us know if it's there for you too.

I don't have any Facebook account linked to "People" though...

Xtian.Castro

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I am saw this little quirk with both my Focus and Radar, both running Mango. It bothers me too since I don't have a facebook account.

Mike-Mike

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
do you all think that "f" is part of the pictures? like I have a linkedin account linked on the pics of people from linked in have the little "in" on them, do you think the people you have in your contacts have their pic from FB?

can someone post a pic of what they are talking about?

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't use Facebook, so it's annoying to see that little "f" tile all the time. Can it be removed at all? I don't understand why its even there if I never set up a Facebook account to sync.

You are asking too much. Still no option for deactivating that. Try Settings-> Phonebook -> Synchronize with Facebook or something like that similar option... I am using Facebook so i never try to deactivate synchronizing...

NatUp

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I took it off yesterday. What I did was make sure I didn't have any Facebook contacts, then I unpinned the people tile and finally I re-pinned it from the programs list.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I took it off yesterday. What I did was make sure I didn't have any Facebook contacts, then I unpinned the people tile and finally I re-pinned it from the programs list.

I'm sorry, what do you mean by making sure you didn't have any Facebook contacts? Do you mean, your contacts don't have a Facebook account tied to their email??

I tried simply unpinning and repinning the tiles and that obviously did nothing.

NatUp

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I should've mentioned that I only have phone numbers for my contacts currently. So, that might have something to do with why it worked for me. I think that's all i did. I don't remember doing anything else more specific.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3