Australia Zune Music Pass

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I know this might not necessarily be a WP7 question but I have starting using a Zune Music Pass since it's been available on my phone here in Australia from a couple weeks ago and have some questions.

I was wondering what does the pass actually give you? I've just tried the 2 week trial and it has expired and what I've noticed that all the songs I've downloaded I can still listen to, even though my pass is expired. (Note it hasn't automatically re-subscribed me another month and charged my credit card because I've cancelled it manually as well). The songs that I streamed, i.e. pressed play in MarketPlace instead of download, I obviously can't listen to anymore.

So does this mean any songs you download while you have a subscription you get to keep, in which case when I now activate the trial on my wife's account I will go home and download as many albums as I can over the next 2 weeks ;)

I remember reading on WPCentral (http://www.windowscentral.com/changes-zune-pass-us-subscribers-coming-october-3rd) that the new zune pass in the US doesn't allow you to keep any songs. It does say that songs downloaded are MP3's while the songs I've been downloading are WMA so there must be a difference between the 2 countries. Even though WMA does have DRM I still can play them on all my devices at any time without streaming which is fine by my as I only listen to music on my phone or my PC and stream it dlna to my home stereo. Is that how it works in the US or is this an Aussie only feature? Or should this not be happening in Australia and therefore I shouldn't have said anything and should now asap download as many songs as I possibe before MS realise I'm keeping a heap of music I shouldn't be.

The Zune site does say "With a Zune Music Pass you get unlimited music to stream, download, and play on your PC, Xbox 360, and Windows Phone" so maybe this is normal behaviour and I shouldn't be questioning it all.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
You may find the tracks will play for so long after your ZunePass has expired but they will stop working eventually drg.

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey its been a week and I'm still listening to my tunes. Is that normal?

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
and it's gone... took about 2 weeks for my songs to die. now to decide whether to buy subscription or stick to torrents :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans