12-14-2011 06:05 AM
60 123
tools
    I could care less if I'm being tracked by my carrier or they read my SMS. I expect that actually. But this is basically a keylogger than can read things you think are encrypted. Hidden and can't be disabled or even warned its doing so. Beyond that, is the data going to Carrier IQ themselves? Why should a 3rd party get that info. What would happen if this info became compromised?
    12-02-2011 02:04 PM
    I could care less if I'm being tracked by my carrier or they read my SMS. I expect that actually. But this is basically a keylogger than can read things you think are encrypted. Hidden and can't be disabled or even warned its doing so. Beyond that, is the data going to Carrier IQ themselves? Why should a 3rd party get that info. What would happen if this info became compromised?
    I think that is really what we all want to know. If all that information is being sent to the carriers encrypted or not why do they need to know my passwords. I thing we all need to make sure this doesn't just go away we need to push this till we have answers to all your questions and all of mine. We see what this software logs now we need to know without a dought what is sent where it is sent and we have the right to be able to turn it off. I rooted and installed custom roms on all the Andy's in my house until this gets resolved.
    12-02-2011 02:19 PM
    Well, I'm not sure if it got posted here, but Congress demanded answers from Carrier IQ in 2 weeks.
    12-02-2011 02:50 PM
    This is illegal regardless of who gets the info and how it's used. What we need to find out is who all is complicit in all this.

Right now, the carriers, mfgs, and IQC are working to cover themselves. The claims of ignorance and fingerpointing will increase. I really hope heads roll.

I agree, don't see myself using an un-rooted Android device.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
    12-02-2011 03:02 PM
    So, T-Mo admitted they embedded Carrier IQ in their "My Account" preinstalled bloatware, on Blackberry's. Even though no one has reported it on WP, I wonder if someone with the know-how could look through carrier bloatware on WP and make sure it's not there.
    12-02-2011 05:56 PM
    This makes me wonder if the Rogers my account app in Canada has it.

Sent from my T9295 using Board Express
    12-03-2011 10:30 AM
    OK, so I've read that WP7 doesn't have it and that there are specific carriers that use it or allow it's use. Now, my twist and question is: Is it impossible for CIQ to be run on WP7 devices? Curious because, from what I've read, Sprint was a big user of it and had it installed on nearly everything they sold. Just wondering if it could be possible to be running on my WP7 Arrive?
    12-03-2011 05:04 PM
    Interesting article about CarrierIQ over at PocketNow:

Carrier IQ and the FBI in Bed Together?
    12-13-2011 11:43 PM
    Interesting article about CarrierIQ over at PocketNow:

Carrier IQ and the FBI in Bed Together?
    Bah, we wrote on that the other day too...don't you guys read the front page :P
    Dave Blake and palandri like this.
    12-14-2011 05:24 AM
    Bah, we wrote on that the other day too...don't you guys read the front page :P
    I read the front page. The writers do an excellent job keeping it current, but I obviously missed this one from late Monday afternoon. At least I didn't start a new thread on CarrierIQ. :D
    12-14-2011 06:05 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD