Help! Not getting twitter updates

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Just signed up to Twitter. Wanted to follow some things. But not seeing updates under notifications in "Me".

Here's what I've done:
- Signed up to twitter.
- Logged into Windows Live and added my twitter account. It sees it just fine.
- Added twitter to my phone in email & accounts.
- Logged on to T-Mobile and switched my phone to my HTC HD7 (I have two phones that I swap my sim between: an android and my HD7).
- Logged into Twitter and verified that WindowsLive has permissions to connect to my Twitter.
- Removed and re-added the twitter account from my phone.

I've been struggling with this for a few days. Not sure what else to do.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you don't have twitter filtered out. If you go to the People hub, under the "what's new" heading, it should show what accounts are showing updates.

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, I don't see anything being filtered but if I go into settings under People, and touch the "filter my contact list", Twitter was the only thing not checked. I've checked it off now. Will that make Twitter updates start to appear in my Notifications?

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
OK, just noticed that under the text 'what's new' it says Facebook in red and I can touch that text ('Facebook') and select 'all accounts'. Now my Twitter feeds are showing under 'what's new' but I thought they would show under 'notifications' in 'Me'. I've actually NEVER seen anything appear under 'Notifications'. What should I be seeing there?

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
OK, just noticed that under the text 'what's new' it says Facebook in red and I can touch that text ('Facebook') and select 'all accounts'. Now my Twitter feeds are showing under 'what's new' but I thought they would show under 'notifications' in 'Me'. I've actually NEVER seen anything appear under 'Notifications'. What should I be seeing there?
You get the tweets in "What's New" and Mentions under "Notifications." Have someone mention you on a tweet and then check "Notifications." You should see "@SoAndSo mentioned you in a tweet."

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I needed to clarify: You see your own tweets and retweets on the What's New of your Me tile. The other tweets are in the What's New of the People Hub.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
sorry for my ignorance, I'm new to twitter. Not even sure I'll keep it. Anyway don't know the lingo. 'retweet'? Is that a reply to my tweet? 'DM'? What's that?

Thanks again.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
sorry for my ignorance, I'm new to twitter. Not even sure I'll keep it. Anyway don't know the lingo. 'retweet'? Is that a reply to my tweet? 'DM'? What's that?

Thanks again.
DM is a direct message. Sort of like texting someone through Twitter. RT is a retweet. So if you have 50 followers, and see a tweet from someone you are following, then retweet it, your 50 followers get to see it. Sort of like a chain letter.

Started using Twitter a year or so ago. Not a big user but enjoy checking a "limited number" of tweets each day. Once you get into it you may change your mind about a dedicated app, but using the People hub sounds like a food idea for now.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6