Traveling to Asia next week

jake69

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
What is the best way to utilize my WP?

I want to able to make some phone call & play Zune music & games.

I heard you can purchase a sim card once you are there...but what going to happen to my Zune music?

I have no clue....never use any of my phones outside the U.S. before.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Which phone do you have? Is it unlocked? When I travel outside the U.S. I get a local Pay as You Go SIM card. All you have to do is pop it in, once in a while you have to add an APN number for internet/data.

jake69

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Which phone do you have? Is it unlocked? When I travel outside the U.S. I get a local Pay as You Go SIM card. All you have to do is pop it in, once in a while you have to add an APN number for internet/data.
I have a Samsung Focus. And no it's not unlock...is that going to be a problem? Can I still access my Live account using a replacement paid sim card?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
You're going to need to unlock it.

If you've had it for than 90 days, you should be able to just call AT&T and ask for an unlock code. I just did that yesterday since I'm going to be visiting Asia in a week.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I have a Samsung Focus. And no it's not unlock...is that going to be a problem? Can I still access my Live account using a replacement paid sim card?

As Reflexx said, you need to call AT&T to get the unlock code. As long as you have a WiFi connection or internet/data on your SIM card you should be able to connect to your Live account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb