The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Would anyone else like to be able to customize their home screen to look like this?

12-01-2011 11:14 PM
    Would be neat. :) That pic really does sell it, though :D Though the IE icon is out of date.

I know, funny enough, most of the Zune HD GUI elements were transparent, even though they were on a black background. It's like MS wanted to implement backgrounds, but never did (maybe same reason why Apple didn't implement backgrounds on older devices? Performance impact? GPU memory useage? I dunno).
    wolf1891 likes this.
    12-01-2011 11:17 PM
    Absolutely. I'm also sure it's coming as soon as people are used to metro enough that it needs something to freshen it up.
    12-02-2011 02:51 AM
    I think that next big update (Apollo) will have customized UI. Or maybe if we are loud enough that will be in Tango :)
    12-02-2011 03:36 AM
    Not me! I like the simple metro UI.
    12-02-2011 05:58 AM
    I think backgrounds and custom icon colours would be awesome.. I have custom accent colours but cannot do transparency :(
    12-02-2011 08:34 AM
    I love it, I think it would be a great addition. For those who don't like it, well, just dont use it. Keep the default.
    12-02-2011 08:39 AM
    would be very nice to have that option
    12-02-2011 08:51 AM
    I like it, though only without the gradient.
    12-02-2011 09:17 AM
    not me.

imagine all your live tiles (my phone is full of them ) and a more complex pic, ( with lots of details) ... WHAT A MESS.

1. You wont eve be able to make out the pic
    2. Its gona make it harder to read and see Tile updates with it being transparent.

that`s exactly what they did with the Iphone ... and it got SO MANY bad reviews and it doesn’t even have Live flipping tiles to complicate it . haha..

no thanx :P

but i wouldn’t say NO in survey... ;)
    Last edited by Se1fcr3ation; 12-02-2011 at 09:32 AM.
    12-02-2011 09:22 AM
    They will probably have something like that for Apollo. Can't wait for details about it.
    12-02-2011 09:30 AM
    I would like to be able to customize my background and tile colors to any Hex. Images might be nice for a background but I can live without that.

Sent from my kick-*** Titan using Board Express
    jeremyshaw likes this.
    12-02-2011 09:37 AM
    I would like to be able to customize my background and tile colors to any Hex. Images might be nice for a background but I can live without that.

Sent from my kick-*** Titan using Board Express
    I'm sorry, every time I see your sig... :)
    12-02-2011 10:04 AM
    They will probably have something like that for Apollo. Can't wait for details about it.
    Let's hope so. One of the biggest knocks on WP7 from reviewers/bloggers is that there is hardly any customization. If Microsoft allowed us to change the opacity, color, and size of our tiles, as well as add a custom background, I think those complaints would go away.
    12-02-2011 09:05 PM
    NO. Absolutely not. One of the most beautiful features of this OS is how nice the colors work together. Give the users control over that and some people's phones will be disastrous.
    12-02-2011 10:17 PM
    NO. Absolutely not. One of the most beautiful features of this OS is how nice the colors work together. Give the users control over that and some people's phones will be disastrous.
    so what?

that is according to you, there is no objective concept of what would constitute looking good.

Even with certain tiles that dont change to match the theme, you could easily make it look too busy.
    12-02-2011 10:45 PM
    But it's THEIR phone, so who cares?
    3migo likes this.
    12-02-2011 10:46 PM
    You wouldn't be forced to use the feature. And who cares what other people's phones look like? It's their device.
    12-02-2011 11:56 PM
    Sexy! They could at least give the option for it like right now they have the light / dark for background. They could have a custom option and that would keep everybody happy. I would probably just stay with the dark but a lot of people would like this feature.
    12-03-2011 12:19 AM
    Me, personally? **** no! I love the way Metro was designed.
    12-03-2011 03:15 AM
    You wouldn't be forced to use the feature. And who cares what other people's phones look like? It's their device.
    It's about keeping an identity. Look at Apple.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express
    12-03-2011 03:46 AM
    There's a reason they have more money than the United States Treasury.

12-03-2011 03:47 AM
    I actually have custom accent colors and background color now..

The only thing I can't do is use a wallpaper as a background, I can do any solid color.

Dev unlocked wp7 rocks
    12-03-2011 09:32 AM
    There's a reason they have more money than the United States Treasury.

And that reason is custom wallpapers eh? :P
    12-03-2011 06:41 PM
    I agree with the OP to a certain degree but at the same time think that the present level of customization is what make the Metro UI very unique and refreshing. I love that WP does not allow for the same level as Android (and I do own android phones) as sometimes, customizing everything becomes the obsession (along with ROM flashing). At least thats how it works for me. I love my WP phones the way they are because I am not constantly changing my wallpapers, ringtones, and trying to figure out how many widgets I want on the screen and what positiion they are in, etc...

So long story short.....I like and dislike the idea of the OP.
    Coolaaron88 likes this.
    12-03-2011 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD