Google Voice as Primary #

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'm asking from a WP perspective, although it could be in general, as well. Who uses Google Voice as their primary contact # for voice & text?

Pros, cons? Any worthwhile alternatives? Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I used Google Voice when I was with Sprint and was allowed to flip the numbers. However, when I did, I only checked my voicemail on the PC, because the Google Voice apps on WP were abandoned and didn't work correctly.

Since I switched to AT&T, I don't bother. I only use my Google Voice number as my home phone number.

As an aside, Google Voice is GREAT for avoiding telemarketing calls. You can send unknown numbers to voicemail and then mark them as spam. It's brilliant.

I wish MS would offer an alternative.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
...As an aside, Google Voice is GREAT for avoiding telemarketing calls. You can send unknown numbers to voicemail and then mark them as spam. It's brilliant.

I wish MS would offer an alternative.

You're right, it's a great feature, but I found myself blocking numbers 2 to 3 times a day. I guess I just had a bad number. :D

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I decided not to go this route. Don't really want to deal with the extra layer. I can just activate call forwarding with AT&T, as needed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999