Where and who has the titan? focus S? anything? i feel so lost and alone.. :( i want to buy a windows phone and lack the option
    12-06-2011 01:15 PM
    well titan or focus S are not available in Canada. sorta sucks or i would have one

im still busting out the FOCUS from rogers.

Reps from HTC ,samsung and LG comfirmed Q1 2012 new phones are hitting Canada , not sure if its gona be new Version or just the focus s and titan and the Nokias are also comming.
    12-06-2011 02:48 PM
    Canada has no love for Windows :( always behind in technology on the side note I want my Zune Podcasts :@
    12-06-2011 03:02 PM
    Everyone in Canada must use BlackBerrys. Newly passed law. LOL!
    selfcreation likes this.
    12-06-2011 03:05 PM
    Canada has no love for Windows :( always behind in technology on the side note I want my Zune Podcasts :@
    lol I guess the rest of the world is behind I technology too since it doesn't really seem to be selling well anywhere...

Canada has most phones immediately, provided that they are expected to sell pretty well.

Most dealers just dont bother stocking products that don't sell, that's just how it goes
    12-06-2011 04:05 PM
    lol right now ALL Canadian WP are Discontinued.. ROLF!!!

that's gona help on the sells

I knwo the HD7 and LG at bell got discontinued 3-6 moths after they came out.....lol
    Last edited by Se1fcr3ation; 12-06-2011 at 04:11 PM.
    12-06-2011 04:05 PM
    lol I guess the rest of the world is behind I technology too since it doesn't really seem to be selling well anywhere...

Canada has most phones immediately, provided that they are expected to sell pretty well.

Most dealers just dont bother stocking products that don't sell, that's just how it goes
    Correction

HTC Titans and Samsung Focus's selling out in the United States
    Nokia dominating Europe Charts

What kinda needs to do is build from the ground up start a brand new marketing campain. I am sure the major brands are looking into this right now you just cant introduce new handsets without any hype behind it.
    12-06-2011 04:17 PM
    lol right now ALL Canadian WP are Discontinued.. ROLF!!!

that's gona help on the sells

I knwo the HD7 and LG at bell got discontinued 3-6 moths after they came out.....lol
    Sort of like the Verizon situation in the states Canadian carriers are really pushing for LTE why bother advertising WP when there isn't a LTE handset yet.

Once the new LTE phones come around u bet Canada is going to stock them up especially Nokia
    12-06-2011 04:18 PM
    This is a great oppourtunity for companies such as Wind Mobile, Virgin Mobile, Fido to take. Why not get all the 3G Windows Phones on smaller carriers and advertise them as cheaper handsets. For example Lumia 710, Focus Flash and Radars will sell like hot cakes if marketed appropriately
    12-06-2011 04:24 PM
    Correction

HTC Titans and Samsung Focus's selling out in the United States
    Nokia dominating Europe Charts

What kinda needs to do is build from the ground up start a brand new marketing campain. I am sure the major brands are looking into this right now you just cant introduce new handsets without any hype behind it.
    they are selling out but at lower levels of stock...

completely different volume.

Don't get me wrong though I think wp7 will pick up a lot very shortly
    12-06-2011 08:15 PM
    they are selling out but at lower levels of stock...

completely different volume.

Don't get me wrong though I think wp7 will pick up a lot very shortly
    So based on your thinking, no manufacturer should even attempt to launch or sell a product unless they can guarantee maybe 25% market share on day one. That will really help with innovation. Enjoy your outdated, silly icon phone.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    12-06-2011 08:39 PM
    So based on your thinking, no manufacturer should even attempt to launch or sell a product unless they can guarantee maybe 25% market share on day one. That will really help with innovation. Enjoy your outdated, silly icon phone.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    I have a wp7 lol..

I'm just talking about retailers and what they try to stock.

Strictly trying to explain why many aren't stocking wp7.Do you really think retailers care about innovation unless it equals sales?

Nice attempt at turning it personal though
    12-06-2011 09:36 PM
    All good guys I am very confident WP will have a great 4Q just by my daily surfing through blogs and forums it looks like more ppl have Titans or Focuses also based on what I been reading Nokia has been doing great overseas. Let see how the Asian markets react. In regards to Canada they need to regroup and market differently its wize to wait it out maybe wait for a flagship phone with LTE to meet Rogers and Bell standards.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    12-06-2011 10:08 PM
    Even at low stock its still moving units and that's ha matters in the end :)

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    12-06-2011 10:10 PM
    So in the end what your saying is that i am screwed?
    12-07-2011 10:48 PM
    I would like to switch to WP from BlackBerry. Right now I only have the one Rogers WP option. The other carriers do not work fir me, and I am not getting a year old phone with a premium price from Rogers.

I have read after searching on this forum that Nokia was serious about entering the Canadian marketplace; any idea if Rogers will be apart of this?
    12-24-2011 02:54 AM
    This is a great oppourtunity for companies such as Wind Mobile, Virgin Mobile, Fido to take. Why not get all the 3G Windows Phones on smaller carriers and advertise them as cheaper handsets. For example Lumia 710, Focus Flash and Radars will sell like hot cakes if marketed appropriately
    virgin mobile sure, wind not likely. Fido, koodo, solo, chatr, all those "small" companies won't take it. They're either pushing out the iPhone (i know koodo and fido are because theyre the mini Telus/Rogers). Solo (Bell) and chatr (Rogers) are made strictly only for regular handheld phones.

source: Telus rep.
    I just spoke with my boss about new WP7, he said he doesn't know. He asked if it even matters... :\
    12-24-2011 03:17 AM
    virgin mobile sure, wind not likely. Fido, koodo, solo, chatr, all those "small" companies won't take it. They're either pushing out the iPhone (i know koodo and fido are because theyre the mini Telus/Rogers). Solo (Bell) and chatr (Rogers) are made strictly only for regular handheld phones.

source: Telus rep.
    I just spoke with my boss about new WP7, he said he doesn't know. He asked if it even matters... :\
    lol WOW heh Canadians are missing out this is iPhone dominated country I doubt MS will take off from here. Canada is usually 2 years behind but the Lumia 710 can do very well on a small time provider like Fido if you can give this phone away for free and market it correctly it will fly of the shelves.

Nokia is better off to wait they will probably approach Canada the same way. Give developers free Lumias then push it out to the public. As of right now not alot of Canadian apps are on the platform
    12-24-2011 05:11 AM
    I have a wp7 lol..

I'm just talking about retailers and what they try to stock.

Strictly trying to explain why many aren't stocking wp7.Do you really think retailers care about innovation unless it equals sales?

Nice attempt at turning it personal though
    No kidding hey? Gotta love the fanboys! Well-played not diving in... You're a testament to *smart* smartphone users!
    12-31-2011 09:17 PM
    My best friend manages the local Bell retailer, and he went to the big new devices conference in Calgary and there was nothing from WP. Optimus Quantum is discontinued and HD7 is EOL. I'm committed to windows phone now, so if Canada doesn't get new devices I guess I'm going back to a feature phone if my HD7 craps out.
    12-31-2011 09:22 PM
    I hope that Nokia brings the ace or at the least the lumia 800 to Canada ASAP. I need a new WP7! I dropped my quantum a few too many times, it is running on its last leg and I am eligible for a upgrade.
    12-31-2011 10:45 PM
    It kills me there is no real WP options in Canada on two of the three largest carriers, and Telus does not really have that much going on either.

Looking around the forum so many ask "why isn't WP growing" and we are sitting in a surprisingly huge market (given Canada's relatively small population) with nothing. Surely that is a contributing factor. Seeing lots of ads for it lately, though, so hopefully this is the beginning of a push. As soon as the option is open to me I will jump over.
    01-02-2012 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD