My first WP7 sad moment.

kylej1050

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I was riding in my car thinking about a paper that we are writing in my technical writing class about cars and thought about the Microsoft Sync system in the Fusion and thought "Hey, wonder if my phone has that like the commercial!"

So I hold the Windows button, Tellme pops up and I say "Play Cobra Starship". Then I hear it say "Searching for 'Play Cobra Starship'". Boo! I was hoping to hear it play a song, it even had the same voice as the Sync commercial. Oh well. It was worth a try. Maybe a new feature for the future?

And somehow I've managed the blow the speaker on my Arrive. I never use it for music or speakerphone so it must have died having the output to 30 for the FM modulator and then texting. That click sound it makes seems like it'd tear speakers up.

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you talking about the commercial based on Sync? If so, you need to initiate the voice search from the vehicle not the phone. The Sync system has it's own processor and search capabilities.

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
You can say "open Zune" and it'll open the app. It won't play sings but at least you pull the app up.

Sent from my kick-*** Titan using Board Express

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Are you talking about the commercial based on Sync? If so, you need to initiate the voice search from the vehicle not the phone. The Sync system has it's own processor and search capabilities.

I think he knows this. He was just curious to see if WP had the same commands built in since they both use TellMe speech recognition.

L

lumic

TellMe on WP is very limited. There is a reason why Microsoft added a question mark button to the pop-up - you have an overview of everything you can do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon