HD7 Update error code C1010009

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
i have a HD7 on tmobile USA. the last update and this one today i get to stage 4 and i get ERROR CODE C1010009. is this happening to anybody else? last time after a couple days later. oh yeah it says having problems connecting to my phone. my connection seems to be good. it will sync and i can download apps to my phone. if anybody has any ideas please help

THANKS

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
My recommendation: unplug every USB device possible, then try the update again. From what I see about the issue, it's similar in some respects, to Apple's iOS (before they made them OTA updates) update issues with many non iPod/iPhone USB devices plugged in.

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
i tried all 8 usb ports, 3 usb cables, a battery pull and even restarted my computer. still i get error code C1010009. i searched windows phone page no luck. i called tmobile no luck. i was actually told by the rep that windows is the only os they don't have a support telephone number for. if anybody has any idea what i can do PLEASE let me know.

THANKS

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
all day. it did this to me last update to. then i just tried a couple days latter and it worked. i guess i'll have to try that route. it just sucks knowing there's a update out there and because of a glitch you can't get it. thanks at least i know its not just me now.

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
OK i got it to up date. i had about 730mb of free space on my phone. i deleted all my music (well not Steel Panther) i then had about 2.5gb of free space. i tried again and it took off. previously it would get to stage 4 and spit the code out. so if anybody gets this code try freeing up some memory. it worked for me.

Snuuz

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure this is the same error code I had while updating to Mango. I uninstalled unnecessary apps, unpinned live tiles & turned off WiFi, Bluetooth & anything else that uses the network & then everything worked like it should. It took about 30 hours of searching any & all obscure posts & references to find something that worked, & I know it's worked for at least one other distressed wp7 user, so it's worth trying!

Puneet Sharma

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Guys... I had the same problem with my Nokia Lumia 710... I just freed some space and I had my phone updated successfully... yes thats all u need to do...just free some space in your windows phone and it will start working..........and BTW I called Nokia and Microsoft both and they told me that there is no such error code...so its for Microsoft and Nokia both...please update your records as people are facing issues but u don't even consider it an error or issue as per your guidelines........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro