New User, Receiving my Radar tomorrow!

eloychristopher

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
To the other day I asked everyone's opinion of The Arrive, and Trophy. NOW, I am glad to say I will be receiving my HTC Radar tomorrow. I'm excited! But now I have a few new questions...
Does WP support flash? What is the best app for using SkyDrive? Has anyone had any problems with the small amount of memory on board? What are some good apps to use to help keep free space on my phone? (IE app's for cloud based services.) Are there any keyboard app replacements?
I could go on and on. I am ready to Dev Unlock this bad boy and have more fun that what I know. I can't say that I am gonna miss my EVO. I'm also thankful for all the suggestions, and support from my last post.
Thanks Again!!!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
To the other day I asked everyone's opinion of The Arrive, and Trophy. NOW, I am glad to say I will be receiving my HTC Radar tomorrow. I'm excited! But now I have a few new questions...
Does WP support flash? What is the best app for using SkyDrive? Has anyone had any problems with the small amount of memory on board? What are some good apps to use to help keep free space on my phone? (IE app's for cloud based services.) Are there any keyboard app replacements?
I could go on and on. I am ready to Dev Unlock this bad boy and have more fun that what I know. I can't say that I am gonna miss my EVO. I'm also thankful for all the suggestions, and support from my last post.
Thanks Again!!!

No Flash. I use Skydrive for pictures and a few excel work documents. I get by fine with 8GB of storage. There are no keyboard applications like Swype.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
SkyDrive access is built in. Your pictures hub and office hub already can access it directly without having to use an app.

I have encountered storage problems when I downloaded the trial of any and every game that looked remotely interesting. But no issues with pictures, video, or documents because of SkyDrive. Well, and transferring to my PC every once in a while.

There aren't apps to free memory. It's unnecessary. It's just not an issue. WP memory management is excellent.

You'll also find that the keyboard is also already the best in the business.

nomoore

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
There is no flash support. No problems with the memory, I stream my music and videos and keep my pictures on Skydrive. Not sure what you are talking about for managing space. There's not really any file managers if that is what you are talking about. Basically you manage your media from the Zune software. If you're asking about cloud services then there is the built in and highly integrated Skydrive for Office docs and pictures. Also, there's a few dropbox file manager apps.

One of my concerns with getting Windows Phone was that there are no 3rd party keyboards. I was used to using swype on my tablet and loved it. But after a few days of owning my radar I can't sing its praises enough. The built in keyboard is AWESOME!

I think swype is more insistent on doing stuff its own way and not wanting you to correct stuff that's off the beaten path. It doesn't know when to turn auto correct off. But Windows phone is great!

This is how entering text works for me with Windows Phone:

1) Enter text at a wildly rapid pace, totally missing half of the keys in the process (a bit like swype, except you do have to lift your finger instead of sliding). Stare in awe at the amount of words it guessed correctly.

2) Select the words that it didn't guess correctly, often one letter words like changing "o" to "I", and choose the correct word from the auto correct list.

3) In rare cases, select a whole word and retype it or place cursor so as to delete and replace a specific letter (Tap and hold until cursor appears, place the cursor to the right of a letter, then backspace and retype letter).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb