Deleting my email on the windows phone doesn't delete the copy on hotmail

pgreszata

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Hopefully there is a fix for this, I have a little issue, when I delete an email on my phone, I still find it in the hotmail inbox when I'm at the computer, this is really annoying, is there a way to setup the phone so that when an email is deleted on the phone it is also deleted on the hotmail server?

thanks in advance

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
It probably takes awhile to sync. I am having similar issues with syncing contact and calendar info, but I guess Live/Hotmail syncing pales in comparison to that of Google.

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I delete from hotmail on the phone. Sometimes it take a little while for the change to show up. Generally it is no more than 10 minutes. I have found if I hit the sync icon on the phone the change comes throguh quicker. That makes it seem that the phone is not pushing the update through right away.

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually, this is just how the mail client on windows phone works. You wont see the changes until a new message is pushed through or you manually sync. I think it's designed to use less data due to fewer operations or something like that.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express Pro

pgreszata

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
what annoys me is that if I move an email to a folder on my windows phone I won't see the change on my actual hotmail(web) is that a bug? other then this email thing the phone is perfect, it's the most stable phone I've ever used, my iphones I've used before crashed all the time lol, I had one app crash in the last two months, and the phone never crashed to a point that I had to restart it.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Mind you I've only had my HTC Trophy for 2+ days, but Hotmail is my primary e-mail account and I haven't noticed any syncing issues between the Trophy and the PC. Actually, I've been impressed by the syncing, both between WP7.5 and Windows 7 on the PC, and between the Hotmail app on Android and the Hotmail account on WP7.5; the smartphone/PC syncing for Hotmail is better on WP7.5 than it is on the Android Hotmail app on Android 2.3.3 (and much better than it is on webOS). I've deleted out e-mails on Hotmail on my Droid 2 and that action is processed almost immediately on the Trophy (faster than it is on my PC actually). (The Droid 2 has a notification light, so by nature I've found myself more likely to check my Hotmail on that device rather than the Trophy, unless I catch myself.)

I don't use my Gmail account very often, but it does look like Android OS devices are a little better with syncing than WP OS devices (which should be expected IMO with both Gmail and Android OS being Google creations), but the Gmail syncing on WP OS appears to be pretty good so far. (Actually, the Gmail syncing on webOS also appears to be pretty good, so Gmail syncing may be more broadly optimized for mobile operating systems than Hotmail is.)

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
what annoys me is that if I move an email to a folder on my windows phone I won't see the change on my actual hotmail(web) is that a bug?

Nope, not a bug - you wont see the change reflected in your Hotmail account until you either a) manually sync your phone email or b) another message gets pushed through. This applies regardless if you have your email set to 'push'.

I have a very structured email box with multiple sub folders and if I receive an email on the phone, read it and move it to a sub folder, then the next time I manually sync or another email comes throught, the change will be reflected on the Hotmail web interface.

The one thing I wish it would do though is mark these messages as read when you move them - for some reason they stay as unread when you check the web interface. Show as read on the phone, just not on the web.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven