Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
nokia!

Nokia Lumia 800

minus:
-pentile
-super close buttons

add:
-better camera (10 mp with xenon flash?)
-front facing camera (and other typical high end stuff that the 800 is missing)
-better battery (I'm talking killer battery life here...)
-hd screen resolution (which would be absolutely stunning at 3.7 inches)
-skype app
-black and white accent colors
-more hardware colors and matching accent color choices (dark blue, purple, white, orange,...)
-at least 1.8 ghz single core or 1.2 ghz dual core (I know it doesn't need it but it would still FLY with it, plus wp8 probably will)
-4g LTE on AT&T and Verizon (plus support for wimax on sprint and t-mobile's 4g)
-64gb of storage plus micro sd card slot up to 64gb

OR
A Nokia E7 design with all that same stuff!
(even better; make both)

Last edited:

Forgewizard

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm VERY happy with the design of the Arrive, never want to move away from a hard keyboard. But If I were to design some improvements for this device I would:

Make the volume +,- button smaller and closer to the top corner of the phone. This button is just too big and is in exactly the wrong place. Whether I hold the device in landscape or portfolio - I am always bumping the volume!

Hot Swappable Micro SD card slot accessible from the side of the device. Would support up to 64 GB.

32 GB or 64 GB on device memory.

I have a front facing camera on my netbook and my laptop and don't use either one - so front facing camera is negligible to me. Maybe it could be a secondary optional device in the same family?

HDMI out might be cool - if I had an HDMI TV.

Definitely would like to use the device as a USB drive - but that's likely more in the software realm than hardware.

Keep the camera button as is.

Change the capacitive buttons to hard buttons. These are a pain, too sensitive to my hand proximity. They make me hold on to the very edges of the device and that is risky.

Add a bit larger battery - not that's I've run out yet, but I find I still use airplane mode in order to avoid running out of battery while at work. A larger battery would let me stay in touch even though signal reception at work wavers.

I am happy with the screen size and resolution.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
This'll be fun. :)

- Available on Verizon Wireless
- 16GB or more
- SAMOLED+ or SLCD
- FFC -- I actually tried to Tango with my gf the other day on my Focus and it was just sad. I held my phone up to a mirror. :p
- NFC-capable (doesn't have to be active atm)
- 8mp camera with great low-light picture quality
- anywhere from 4.3-4.7''.
- it wouldn't feel cheap, like many of Samsung's phones, but I'm not sure what makes them that way
- Capacitive stylus (a guy can dream, can't he?)
- actual buttons for back, home, and search
- hdmi-out

What I'd settle for:

- Available on Verizon Wireless
- SAMOLED+ or SLCD
- 16GB+
- Any camera better than the one on the Trophy

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
* 4.0-4.1 inch screen - larger becomes unusable/uncomfortable for one handed use and/or you have to sacrifice too much pixel density.
* Higher resolution than 480 x 800 - something approaching (or exceeding) retina display density
* 8MP backlit sensor camera with f2.2 lens and great software to back it up
* Non-pentile SAMOLED+ display
* Something like the design of the Lumia 800 - doesn't have to be identical, but has to have some individuality to it. Not just another black rectangle that looks like they skimped on build materials (Samsung) or just retooled the half metal, half plastic design again (HTC)
* noise cancelling second mic
* phone must have an equalizer to adjust bass/treble for music (why, Nokia? Why have a great music app and NO EQUALIZER???)
* dual core for a relative level of future-proofing and to give the phone the horsepower to do things such as screen mirroring
* absolute MINIMUM 1800 mAh battery

And for the OS:
* some form of notification centre
* more accent colours - ideally custom, but failing that, just more of them
* shortcut toggles on start screen
* info section to show how much data a live tile uses so you can make a decision as to whether you want to use it or not

And the only other thing I'd like is for MS to properly open up the OS so devs can take full advantage of the platform and we can have some games that don't look like 2-year-old iPhone ports. I have a brand new, top-end smartphone for this format. I want to be playing the equivalent of Infinity Blade 2, not the millionth reworking of Doodle Jump.

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Basically the Titan, but with a 720p screen, 32gigs of storage, updated internals (dual core CPU and possibly a bit more RAM), and if there's still time throw in a bigger battery for good measure.

As for the OS, maybe a notification centre when you swipe left on the homescreen.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
4.5" non-Pentile SAMOLED with HD resolution
32GB+ storage
1.5GHz+ dual core processor
LTE
minimum 24 hr battery
customizable keyboard or hardware keyboard with a slim and light body
best possible antenna
customizable camera button

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
hardware made by ms themselves in collaboration with nokia
retina type display on a 4 inch or bigger screen made from gorilla glass
a great designed phone maybe metal and that platic used on the lumina 800 that doesn't feel cheep
a amazing back camera and a good ffc
expandable memory
1 gig of ram
physical front buttons
dual core or whatever the next technology will be
lte on sprint
amazing speakers and mics
the biggest battery you can put in it
all the sensors and compass gyroscopes
notification light
as for software
better cloud storage
smoother experience overall its smooth as **** but it isnt iphone smooth just yet
more refined search
customization
better notifications
more function in native apps
like picture editing
better navigation with more info given about each location
social integration with more function then apps like for instance the ability to see whos liked individual posts on fb just little things like that, and a place where you can see messages not just IMs
better app managing
better multitasking
ability to send videos
in messenger app ability to use yahoo/hotmail/gmail IM not just fb

there alot more lol ill add on if i have time

Last edited:

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I'd like a phone as wide as my Samsung Focus, but as short and thin as my Zune HD, with 64GB of built-in memory, Zune music-video capability, and DLNA or the like so I could beam the videos to my TV. And it would have to work as well as my Focus. Thanks for asking. ;)

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I think that I would like a device like the Nokia 900 with 32GB or even 64 GB (even though I dont need it and may never use it it all its just being able to have it. Thin like the focus S I think the 4.3 inch screen is about ideal although 4.7 is not tooo big but I would like to see higher res and ppi for a larger screen like that. 8MP camera with excellent picture quality and 2MP or so FFC. I think it would be interesting to have a device with LTE bands for sprint VZN TMo and ATT and european asian GSM.

nomoore

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Well I REALLY like the styling and form factor of my white Radar 4G so take it and change the following:

3.8" Super AMOLED screen (great size for one handed operation)
32GB internal memory
1.5GHz processor
Compass

25toLife

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hardware:
Composed of Unibody Aluminum
Hardware Camera Button W/Focus

Specifications:
1.5 GHz Dual Core processor
256 kB (128 kB I/128 kB D) L1 cache (8-way associative), 1MB on-die L2 cache (2-way associative)[14]
1 GB Ram (Unified, but 256MB reserved during graphic intense apps)

I/O
Micro USB [3.0]
Micro HDMI
Micro Thunderbolt
Audio Aux In/Out
Speaker
MIcrophone
Noise Cancelling Microphone

Connections:
GPS
Compass
Bluetooth 4.0
Wi-Fi B/G/N
LTE 700/1400/2100 MHz
GSM 850/900/1800/1900/2100
CDMA 800/1900 MHz

Camera:
Rear 8MP camera
Panoramic Mode
1080p recording
Video Stabilization

Front 2MP camera
480p video recording
Video Stabilization

Storage:
32 GB internal

Display:
16*9 ratio
4.3"
1600*960 resolution
OLED Display

Sensors:
Three-axis gyro
Accelerometer
Proximity sensor
Ambient light sensor

Form Factor:
Dual Sliding:
Slide Landscape: Xbox Game Pad
Slide Portrait: QWERTY Keyboard

And it would come in 6 Colors:
Black, Silver, White, Red, Orange, Blue

Other:
USe touchscreen as trackpad when outputting thru HDMI or thunderbolt.

Who should I email this to?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99