WP getting some love from Engadget!

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Just read through the annual holiday smartphone round-up and was pleasantly surprised to find two WP devices actually made the cut: HTC Titan on AT&T and HTC Radar on T-Mobile. The Radar got an especially glowing recommendation!

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
If you listen to their podcast two of the three hosts keep praising their titans.

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Endgadget has been consistently supportive of Windows Phone since Microsoft first announced it. Their reporting did more to sell me on making the switch than any other site.

GekkoAce

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Tnkgrl didn't say she liked WP before the Titan that I can remember. I believe she said it was ok, but pre-mango it was not useful enough for every day use.

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why the arrive wasn't recommended as part of the keyboard sprint recommendations. What's the current price of the device?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Well the Epic 4g is even older but the arrive isn't a very hot device. I guess it lacks that one feature that you can advertise.

Are you insinuating 4G as the "One Feature" [currently the biggest buzz word by cell phone buyers in America] or are you saying it doesn't have a key feature that makes it stand out? I'd say the keyboard it has is one feature that sets it apart.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Here are the hot things that the arrive lacks.

4.0+ inch display.
Amoled, Super amoled, Super amoled plus, Retina display among others.
Dual core processor.
8.0 camera with some cool added ( Carls lens, high aperture, quick shooting)
Docking support

There's no oomph, there's no huzzaa.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Here are the hot things that the arrive lacks.

4.0+ inch display.
Amoled, Super amoled, Super amoled plus, Retina display among others.
Dual core processor.
8.0 camera with some cool added ( Carls lens, high aperture, quick shooting)
Docking support

There's no oomph, there's no huzzaa.

There really isn't much oomph with any of the WP7 handsets, not just the Arrive. With the exception of the TITAN and Focus S...and that is why those are sold out places...

All the other phones, even if they are only 6-8 months old, were still built on tech that is currently 14-18 months old...Selling outdated tech only works for Apple.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi