How do I edit/turn off birthday notifications in calendar?

trmnta82

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before. I did a quick search but couldn't find anyhting useful.

How do I turn off the annoying birthday notifications in the calendar? I tried turning off all notifications in my Windows Live/Hotmail calendar and update it, but my phone still shows a 12-hr notification...

Any suggestions?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Try loading up your calendar (On the phone) then go to settings / Birthday Calendar Off

It may be coming from Facebook, you can select which one you wish to turn off there trmnta82.

Hope one of those settings cures your problem. :)

trmnta82

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, will the birthdays still show in the calendar though if I turn the birthday calendar off?

I still want them in there, I just don't want the annoying notification 12 hrs before... I would also like to edit the notification time for the contacts that I actually want to be notified about.

Say, I want a 2-day notification for my mom, so I have time to get her a gift, but I don't want a notification at all for the guy I went to kindergarten with...

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Turning them off will get rid of them alltogether trmnta82.

Sorry, I have no idea how you change the notifications down to a lower level if you haven't input then into your own personal callendar sorry.

I'm sure a more cleverer creature will be along soon to assist. :)

trmnta82

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I managed to turn off the e-mail notifications but the calendar on the phone is more tricky...

I might have figured it out, seems you can go into the Birthday calendar on Windows Live and manually edit every contact... If I just ignore the message saying that I have in fact turned off all notifications and delete or edit the notification options, it seems to work... At least the notification doesn't show up if you open the birthday in the calendar. I guess I'll have to wait and see what actually happens. Next birthday coming up is on the 15th... :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa