...I'm a WP7

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I myself just came across this app a few days ago....and I am definitely a WP7. I thinks its pretty cool to be able to see others in my area who are also WP7.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I've had ...I'm a WP7 for a while, but it just has a horrible UI to me. I don't understand half of the app (although, I haven't looked into it...I shouldn't have to). However, I love the statistics and being able to see that there are other WP7 users nearby.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I had it for a bit, then removed it because I just didn't use it (plus it was a wee bit buggy). It's a nice idea but doesn't really do much. Plus I don't really care how many users there are nearby - not as if I'm going to contact them all and see if they fancy a pint just because they own a phone running the same OS as me!

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I had it for a bit, then removed it because I just didn't use it (plus it was a wee bit buggy). It's a nice idea but doesn't really do much. Plus I don't really care how many users there are nearby - not as if I'm going to contact them all and see if they fancy a pint just because they own a phone running the same OS as me!

Lol. I have no intention meeting any of the WP owners, but I do feel lonely sometimes, since I only one of my friends has a Windows Phone and I've never seen one in the wild, except for at the DFW party that was for WP. :p

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
^^^ I am the same. So lonely.

But, I also dont like my stupid "Hive" name, Creeper4???? Yeah, that sounds good to me. What a dumb idea for a group name. Why not just stalker4 or pedophile4?

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
^^^ I am the same. So lonely.

But, I also dont like my stupid "Hive" name, Creeper4???? Yeah, that sounds good to me. What a dumb idea for a group name. Why not just stalker4 or pedophile4?

Hahahaha! Mine is pretty mediocre--wombat 6. Could be worse, definitely could be better. I dont know what hives do, though.

Sent using Board Express.

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
The stats are the most interesting thing to me, like breakdown by device, but they haven't updated the app to include 2nd gen phones.

And too many people named "WP User" who are located "in the cloud". What's the point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L

lumic

Looked pretty cool but annoying waste of space at the top of the app list. Might remove the ellipsis from the title one day and install it, but seems to ultimately serve very little purpose. Even less than Facebook.

synergetech

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
WNM Live

I might be a little bit biased since I made it, but I would really suggest that you all check out an app called WNM Live.

Just like ...I'm a WP7, it shows your people near you with Windows Phone 7s and lets you talk with them, either by text/picture messaging and even free voice calls over Wi-Fi. It also has a Live Stream, which is kind of like your Facebook News Feed, except anyone can post to it and everyone can see it and comment on it. The Live Stream feature is kinda like Facebook's News Feed + Twitter + a Message Board. Technically, the app is available on other platforms, but currently about 90% of the users are using Windows Phone 7, so WP7 matters are being discussed constantly on the Live Stream.

The reasons I think you might prefer it over ...I'm a WP7 are:

- More features - picture messages, live stream, voice calls, complete profiles
- Simpler, quicker, cleaner, more dynamic UI
- Greater emphasis on actually communicating with others
- Full web version at www.wnmlive.com
- Much more active user base

If you tried WNM Live in the past and didn't like it, you might want to give it another look. I have completely redesigned the application, it is now extremely fluid and intuitive to use. We have also taken a very tough stance on inappropriate content and users. The application has a team of volunteer moderators that are removing inappropriate posts and banning users around the clock. If you had a bad experience in the past, you should definitely give it another look now.

I am not the only person that thinks the app is great. The application was awarded 2nd place in Microsoft's WP7 App Challenge earlier this year. WMPowerUser also did a video review of the app about a month ago and stated that "overall, the app is incredible". Here is a link to the video: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...ruIEYwfYl751WopQQ&sig2=scDlehez0gBp6hOKHDYVlw

Basically, if you like ...I'm a WP7, I honestly think you will love WNM Live. If you try it out and don't like it for any reason, please shoot me a message let me know what you didn't like. I am always open to feedback and update the app frequently.

Thanks!

Brian P. Hamachek

Last edited:

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
The stats are the most interesting thing to me, like breakdown by device, but they haven't updated the app to include 2nd gen phones.

And too many people named "WP User" who are located "in the cloud". What's the point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was actually one of the first users to register. When Gen2 devices reach 5-6% of overall users, it will begin to show in the stats. And the "WP User" thing is a users choice. Better to set the app to Postal Code. Then you are still anonymous, but localized. Unless you are the only one who lives in a Postal Code.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

heather70732

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I have it and I think it's pretty cool BUT I am never able to pick up nearby places to tag my location when doing an uber check in I hope this gets fixed soon . All I ever get it the little dots like it's searching and then Nothing!

chiranjeeb

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I was looking for this kind of app & I got it...
Love the Idea & the interface... people are complaining but idk nothing wrong happened on my lumia 800..Enjoying every bit of it.:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos