People Hub's Facebook photo's not updating??

hwalker84

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have several friends who have changed their profile pic in the last few days but their picture in the people hub is still their old one.

I have tried syncing facebook from email+accounts and the pictures still wont update. Any suggestions besides removing and re-adding facebook?

edboogie78

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if you tried yet, but if you click edit in their profile hub you can change their picture by tapping their profile pic and it gives you options for their pictures. One from windows live or one from Facebook. The windows live won't update but the Facebook one will. I hope this helps somewhat .

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

hwalker84

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if you tried yet, but if you click edit in their profile hub you can change their picture by tapping their profile pic and it gives you options for their pictures. One from windows live or one from Facebook. The windows live won't update but the Facebook one will. I hope this helps somewhat .

All of my pictures are populated via Facebook. Only a few are from my exchange account. What I'm trying to explain is the Facebook pictures are old. If you check the app you see that their picture is totally different. Nothing refreshes the picture. Not unlinking, not deleting the contact and re adding them.

I had to remove my Facebook sync and re add it for the pictures to update.

weepatc

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
You can synch Facebook & Twitter in the People hub by long press on the app. This should add any new pics. Works ok for me as I have some FB friends who change pics regularly.

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

edboogie78

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
All of my pictures are populated via Facebook. Only a few are from my exchange account. What I'm trying to explain is the Facebook pictures are old. If you check the app you see that their picture is totally different. Nothing refreshes the picture. Not unlinking, not deleting the contact and re adding them.

I had to remove my Facebook sync and re add it for the pictures to update.
ah .. Sorry I miss understood. Hopefully you got it solved. :)

hwalker84

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
You can synch Facebook & Twitter in the People hub by long press on the app. This should add any new pics. Works ok for me as I have some FB friends who change pics regularly.

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express

Yeah that didn't work.

But like i said earlier i had to totally remove facebook and then re add it and now things seems ok.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
yeah I have a similar issue... For some reason the profile pic of the people that are strictly facebook contacts only change either when I visit their profile through the people hub, or when I go into email+accounts and sync my accounts via the long-press method. That's the one I usually do since I'd rather not have to go through each individual contact just to update their profile pic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster