http://m.engadget.com/default/articl...sic&postPage=1

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    12-12-2011 07:52 PM
    If you read the article you'd know he wasn't "replaced"
    12-12-2011 09:44 PM
    Andy Lees promoted
    Fixt
    12-12-2011 10:24 PM
    In a sense, he was replaced as head of the WP division even if his replacement doesn't have the same title. "replaced" fits just fine in this situation.
    12-12-2011 10:48 PM
    great for the arguing... None of you are answering the man's question, I mean with personal opinion that is... Yeah the article states that it's about Windows 8 and whatnot but I honestly feel that it's because they haven't been moving WP7 as quickly as they'd like... Maybe, I mean I'm not a Microsoft employee or anything but that is a likely scenario.
    12-13-2011 01:21 AM
    great for the arguing... None of you are answering the man's question, I mean with personal opinion that is... Yeah the article states that it's about Windows 8 and whatnot but I honestly feel that it's because they haven't been moving WP7 as quickly as they'd like... Maybe, I mean I'm not a Microsoft employee or anything but that is a likely scenario.
    I agree with you. Like Daniel Rubino mentioned on the post, you don't replace someone who is doing a fantastic job. Microsoft normally reassigns or "retires" someone who isn't delivering. I'm not saying Andy Lees sucks or anything, just that maybe he isn't delivering what Microsoft expects from that position.
    12-13-2011 09:32 AM
    Its certianly possible they want somebody to get after it harder and also it could be that Ballmer needs Lees to get cracking with windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 intergartion and rollout issues!
    aubreyq likes this.
    12-13-2011 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD