Getting rid of me

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
There is an odd problem with the 'me' tile that I never noticed until someone pointed it out to me - A number of people have asked me about my WP7, so I show them and they like it but.... a number don't realise that the 'me' hub automatically provides a profile shot of me - so it simply looks like I'm a egotistical ******* who likes to look at a picture of myself whenever I turn my phone on.

Is there a way to turn this off? So keep the me tile but just get the notifications?

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I never thought of it that way... But then again I am an egotistical *******. Lol

I never of thought of it either but a couple of people pointed it out to me because they haven't used live tiles and don't understand the concept - also because it moves up and down it draws the eye.

Boodev

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure theres no way of doing this besides removing your profile photo from Facebook and Windows Live (Or setting it to one which isn't your face maybe).

One option is to put this tile at the bottom of your home screen so people don't see it when you unlock your phone or access the me hub through the people hub by tapping your profile picture at the top of the people hub (Its an extra tap but at least your face isn't on your home screen).

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
One option is to put this tile at the bottom of your home screen so people don't see it when you unlock your phone or access the me hub through the people hub by tapping your profile picture at the top of the people hub (Its an extra tap but at least your face isn't on your home screen).

That option wouldn't provide live tile notifications though.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Not for the same reason as the OP but here is what I have done and why. I changed my Facebook picture to a picture of me and my wife mostly because it makes sense and I got tired of looking at my ugly mug every time I turned on my phone.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I hear you, cgk1. Consider dropping the photo or using a classy understated photo.

Years ago, I took a black and white photo of myself in a dark room with a flashlight casting a subtle light from the side. I cropped it to a show a close-up of about 30% of my bearded face projecting an artsy and rather mysterious or "shady" countenance. I use it for my Zune profile and on my Me tile. I also keep that tile on a lower tier. I like the photo well enough and don't care if others don't.

It's just a phone. ;)

Last edited:

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
While people are accusing you of being arrogant, in the backs of their minds, they're wondering how they can get more of themselves on their phones. Seriously, facebook, twitter, etc. are all about arrogance and conceit. Just go along with the joke and let them envy you. While you're at it, set your ringtone to "I'm Sexy and I Know it." Really, it's ok to be conceited these days.

BostonSammy

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I actually had 3 live tiles with pictures of me... I deleted the me tile, the linked in tile and now I only have a picture of myself on the mehdow tile.

Matthew Mazzenga

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I rarely use pics of myself for facebook, etc. Usually, it's either a team logo (Phiilies or Eagles, depending on the time of year), or a pic of a WP phone. :)

But if you want to have a pic of yourself, go right ahead and don't give a crap what others think. It's your phone, damnit!

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
its your phone and you love it why do you care what they think about something that they don't own /know what is it for :dry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs