12-13-2011 04:34 PM
29 12
tools
    Sure there are, dude! It's about about the Windows Phone experience. That is the SOLE reason anyone should consider Windows Phone. :)
    I know you can't farm out the whole experience to iOS, but how do you bring people to Windows Phone if you farm out everything else? I know I'm exaggerating.
    12-13-2011 02:20 PM
    This. I firmly believe WP can succeed solely on the strength of the platform.
    Abso-friggin-lutely. :) It's already turning heads and if MS supports the WP team and devs, instead of taking the iSuck route, people will come over to Windows Phone because they desire it. I believe MS are making the right moves.

I hate this "app" mentality, as though apps are going to make or break the platform. There were no apps when iOS came out, there were no apps when Android came out, and there were no apps when WP 7 came out. Why did you buy it? Because you liked the experience. The apps ALWAYS come after popularity. Just wait and see.
    Nail on the head. Sure, people will miss their favourite apps, but if there is a feasible workaround, they'll base their decisions on the handset and OS. The app argument is clichd by iPeeps and Android fanboys.

I know you can't farm out the whole experience to iOS, but how do you bring people to Windows Phone if you farm out everything else? I know I'm exaggerating.
    Speaking from experience, I first picked up a WP handset in my local Orange store. I was actually looking to move from iPhone back to Blackberry when (thankfully) the rep asked me if I had seen WP. OOwww, I thought, and had a look. Here's the thing... it all came down to the first 3 minutes playing with it. It spoke my language and looked stunning compared to everything else available. It's like test driving a car you like the look of and discovering it handles just the way you want it to. . .

I had made my mind up. I was coming over to Windows Phone.
    12-13-2011 02:38 PM
    Big Supes, your experience is what I believe is going to be commonplace for WP7.
    You didn't research the app market or figure out whether it had all the apps you wanted. You liked the way it worked and bought it.
    As far as the general public is concerned, apps are gravy. So what if it doesn't have 500 fart apps? It is the best PHONE out there, and that's what is really important to people that are buying PHONES. Most people in Verizon and AT&T stores aren't thinking "ecosystem", they're thinking phone. And because of that, WP7 is going to win.
    12-13-2011 03:50 PM
    Speaking from experience, I first picked up a WP handset in my local Orange store. I was actually looking to move from iPhone back to Blackberry when (thankfully) the rep asked me if I had seen WP...
    I would feel more confident in WP's success if your experience was the norm in the US, but quite frankly you don't have retailers here showing WP to anyone. All they do is hawk iPhone and Android phones.
    12-13-2011 04:34 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD