Kinectimals on ios, good or bad for WP7?

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
so much for MS ecosystem..

now its MS/apple ecosystem.....

reason for owning a WP are going out the Windows ...

might as well switch back to Iphone it does the same thing.... AND MoRE...

****** ******* ******** ***** ********* disappointment
I'm with you on this one. I can see this going both ways, but my heart tells me the more Microsoft puts on iOS, the less incentive there is to go WP. If your phone is working right (e.g. iPhone) and you get the best from Microsoft (OneNote, XBL stuff, Skydrive), then why would you switch to WP????

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Isnt this the sort of thing that we expected with Xbox live on WP7 but is not happening?

Well, whatever happens with the Xbox, we're the ones that will get it first. I'm happy with that.

No guarentees WP7 wlll have any exclusive MS features going forward. It was supposed to be "3 screens and the cloud" with Windows Phone as the 3rd screen, now its the iphone.

I expect more exclusivity from Windows and Zune. For example, MS need to develop more ways in which Windows/the PC Zune software can communicate with the Xbox. MS are expected to share their Xbox apps to Xbox customers, but Windows and Zune is purely WP related.

With Skydrive, Xbox live, Onenote/Office on the iphone/ipad MS has given millions of people every reason to stay with the already successful ios platform rather than consider a Windows Phone or Windows 8 tablet. People have shown that they prefer the ios platform and with all the apps, accessories, dev support in ios's favour. they have less reason to switch.

It seems a shame, but it's the nature of MS and one of the reasons I am happy to be on their side. Windows has always been about choice compared to Apple.

In a nutshell, forcing people to come over to Windows Phone is not the right way to go about it.

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Sure there are, dude! It's about about the Windows Phone experience. That is the SOLE reason anyone should consider Windows Phone. :)

This. I firmly believe WP can succeed solely on the strength of the platform.
I hate this "app" mentality, as though apps are going to make or break the platform. There were no apps when iOS came out, there were no apps when Android came out, and there were no apps when WP 7 came out. Why did you buy it? Because you liked the experience. The apps ALWAYS come after popularity. Just wait and see.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Sure there are, dude! It's about about the Windows Phone experience. That is the SOLE reason anyone should consider Windows Phone. :)
I know you can't farm out the whole experience to iOS, but how do you bring people to Windows Phone if you farm out everything else? I know I'm exaggerating.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
This. I firmly believe WP can succeed solely on the strength of the platform.

Abso-friggin-lutely. :) It's already turning heads and if MS supports the WP team and devs, instead of taking the iSuck route, people will come over to Windows Phone because they desire it. I believe MS are making the right moves.

I hate this "app" mentality, as though apps are going to make or break the platform. There were no apps when iOS came out, there were no apps when Android came out, and there were no apps when WP 7 came out. Why did you buy it? Because you liked the experience. The apps ALWAYS come after popularity. Just wait and see.

Nail on the head. Sure, people will miss their favourite apps, but if there is a feasible workaround, they'll base their decisions on the handset and OS. The app argument is clich?d by iPeeps and Android fanboys.

I know you can't farm out the whole experience to iOS, but how do you bring people to Windows Phone if you farm out everything else? I know I'm exaggerating.

Speaking from experience, I first picked up a WP handset in my local Orange store. I was actually looking to move from iPhone back to Blackberry when (thankfully) the rep asked me if I had seen WP. OOwww, I thought, and had a look. Here's the thing... it all came down to the first 3 minutes playing with it. It spoke my language and looked stunning compared to everything else available. It's like test driving a car you like the look of and discovering it handles just the way you want it to. . .

I had made my mind up. I was coming over to Windows Phone.

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Big Supes, your experience is what I believe is going to be commonplace for WP7.
You didn't research the app market or figure out whether it had all the apps you wanted. You liked the way it worked and bought it.
As far as the general public is concerned, apps are gravy. So what if it doesn't have 500 fart apps? It is the best PHONE out there, and that's what is really important to people that are buying PHONES. Most people in Verizon and AT&T stores aren't thinking "ecosystem", they're thinking phone. And because of that, WP7 is going to win.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Speaking from experience, I first picked up a WP handset in my local Orange store. I was actually looking to move from iPhone back to Blackberry when (thankfully) the rep asked me if I had seen WP...
I would feel more confident in WP's success if your experience was the norm in the US, but quite frankly you don't have retailers here showing WP to anyone. All they do is hawk iPhone and Android phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro