Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
splatter.png

Splattered Paint :)

hss.strat

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Why ? we're all having a great time. Well I know I am. :D

Because someone has to sort through all of these, find all the links, open all of them and then try to rate them. The more submissions to review the less time to look at each one which means that the reviewer may miss some of the finer details in peoples submissions.

I understand that people want to play around, try new ideas or new tutorials. But that can be done in any thread. If this is about having a great time then let's start a thread to play around in. This thread is for designing the best wallpaper for WPCentral. If that's the case then the submissions should be well thought out to serve that purpose; not a shotgun spread of the latest techniques from psdtuts.net

That's how I feel about it anyway. Everyone is certainly welcome to disagree.

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Because someone has to sort through all of these, find all the links, open all of them and then try to rate them. The more submissions to review the less time to look at each one which means that the reviewer may miss some of the finer details in peoples submissions.

I understand that people want to play around, try new ideas or new tutorials. But that can be done in any thread. If this is about having a great time then let's start a thread to play around in. This thread is for designing the best wallpaper for WPCentral. If that's the case then the submissions should be well thought out to serve that purpose; not a shotgun spread of the latest techniques from psdtuts.net

That's how I feel about it anyway. Everyone is certainly welcome to disagree.
I understand your point. I personally have spent some time on each one and in my latest version have considered the perspective of the purists. I think reviewing these as they come is something already being done based on the feedback I've seen so far.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
This thread is for designing the best wallpaper for WPCentral. If that's the case then the submissions should be well thought out to serve that purpose; not a shotgun spread of the latest techniques from psdtuts.net
Never even heard of that website. I thought all the submissions here were for WPC wallpaper.

I can't see any that's not. My creations are just crazy ideas from my tiny brain. What else can I do ? :D

I'm sure whoever is going to do the review will have great fun in chosing the winner, I'm sure every single entry posted here will be carefully looked at by George, or whoever it is that's reviewing them.

I bet everyone who entered, is really looking forward to see who the winner is and why it was chosen.

I have already picked the winning one in my eyes so far, will be interesting to see if i was right. :D

MehranMo

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
There are A LOT of great wallpapers being posted. Personally I love the minimalist stuff. I don't even know if I have a chance any more.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
There are A LOT of great wallpapers being posted. Personally I love the minimalist stuff. I don't even know if I have a chance any more.
There sure are some fantastic wallpaper designs, have to agree MehranMo.

This is half the fun MehranMo, we don't know what the criteria is for our designs being chosen, they could be looking for something very simple, not many colours, something creative, something obscure, seasonal, we haven't a clue. (Just told to include the logo or logo and text)

We don't know, so that's why I have been going mad with everything i can think of, simple, creative etc, the more varying the designs the better chance you have of getting one of your creations noticed.

That's what i think anyway, for what it's worth. :)

Last edited:

RobbCab

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Last Set of Entries...

Ok, this will do it for me. (Though it'll take several posts to get them all up)

I did a couple more abstract ones:

robbcab-albums17-59.png

What collection of wallpapers would be complete without a Bokeh style?

robbcab-albums17-58.png

Aurora Horizon

robbcab-albums17-57.png

8-Bit Rain

As always, full-res are attached for your enjoyment.

To be continued...

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Here's something unrelated, while I was making wallpapers for this competition I also decided to make one for Windows 8 which I'm personally really anticipating. I thought I could share that here if anyone wants to take a look.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/354/b/8/i_heart_windows_8_by_donbertone-d4jnn3j.jpg

I'm just posting the link since its 1920x1200
Any way you can make one with just the windows logo? Looking at a personal wallpaper idea. I'll share it with ya since we'd be combining forces.

I think we need a wallpaper thread when this is done. We can continue this theme and the guys can add it to the WPCENTRAL APP as a download. They mentioned some functionality like the Insider app. Maybe I'm just obsessed with wallpaper ideas.

RobbCab

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Last Set of Entries (cont'd)...

The next one (bunch) very simple & clean using type.

robbcab-albums17-62.png

Vanilla - Mango

I did the entire collection od WP7 theme colors so I zipped them up for you all.

robbcab-albums17-60.png

robbcab-albums17-61.png

the zip file with all colors (colours for our European friends) is attached.

This was a lot of fun! Though I hope the WPCentral team picks one of mine, there were a ton of great entries.

Best of luck to all!

Oh, and if anyone would like to look at all my submissions, they can be viewed in My Album.

Robb

Last edited:

MehranMo

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Any way you can make one with just the windows logo? Looking at a personal wallpaper idea. I'll share it with ya since we'd be combining forces.

I think we need a wallpaper thread when this is done. We can continue this theme and the guys can add it to the WPCENTRAL APP as a download. They mentioned some functionality like the Insider app. Maybe I'm just obsessed with wallpaper ideas.

I'm actually working on one that's just the logo. The problem is that with those large resolutions and high lighting detail the render times are very long. So they'll take a while, I'll post it in a new thread, I don't want to change the focus of the thread.

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually working on one that's just the logo. The problem is that with those large resolutions and high lighting detail the render times are very long. So they'll take a while, I'll post it in a new thread, I don't want to change the focus of the thread.
I agree. let us know when you do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss