Buy or Not to Buy?

nitin88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I am in big dilemma whether to buy WP7 or not.
Huge fan of Nokia and Microsoft.

My last mobile N8 is dead month back (motherboard ditched me)

I have enough money to pick any mobile.

1. Nokia lumia 800 - 29K INR - which i believe is priced too heavy in India where i can get Galaxy S2 for just 27K
2. Samusng Omnia W - 20K INR - with the same specifications of 800 but with 5MP cam and 8Gb space
3. Nexus Prime - though android phone, based on ICS reviews, making me to get it. might cost - 32-35K and release date Jan end
4. Nokia lumia 710 - 20K INR - same as omnia W
5. HTC Radar - 22K INR

At the same time, there are rumors that Apollo is coming with dual core processor support and lot more features in Mid of 2012
by that time these wp phones will be too older to support apollo?

Which one should i go for?

Remember I mainly use my mobile for Music, heavy messaging and calls.

I heard Music quality n Lumia phones is just OK. I used to listen in my N8, which is far more better in music (excellent boss) by any other phones which i testesd

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
If you mainly use your mobile for music, then I would just suggest a first generation Samsung Focus and throw in a SD card, that is the only way to get ~40gigs of storage space with available windows phones!

Do not worry at ALL about dual core, those are needed for Android because it is so horribly optimized. WP7 is so well optimized, it runs 5000x smoother on the slowest first generation handset then any android system does on the most powerful cpu currently available

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Get an ipod for the music if it's so important to you and any old BB device for text and calls. You don't need a Smartphone for what you do.:cool:

nitin88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Get an ipod for the music if it's so important to you and any old BB device for text and calls. You don't need a Smartphone for what you do.:cool:

I do things like browsing. playing games n all smarty things... But it's once in a week or so, that's because of my busy work life. So i need smartphone, which is smart to fit into my needs :D

nitin88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
If you mainly use your mobile for music, then I would just suggest a first generation Samsung Focus and throw in a SD card, that is the only way to get ~40gigs of storage space with available windows phones!

Do not worry at ALL about dual core, those are needed for Android because it is so horribly optimized. WP7 is so well optimized, it runs 5000x smoother on the slowest first generation handset then any android system does on the most powerful cpu currently available

What you suggest from the above list .... :)

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Nitin88, I saw a video review of the Lumia 800, and I'd wait. The review did not include any specifics on the musicality of the 800. That reallly is a sweet-looking device. However, I would also second enahs555's recommendation of the Samsung Focus, although I don't know if they are still available new. I have a Zune HD 32 for music, but a 32gb-card install on my black beauty has made my phone a much-better-than-expected music back up. The fidelity is nearly as good as on the ZHD, and with an external speaker, it is very handy for some uses and especially as an aid in my Zune music-management tasks. Patience, and do enjoy the shopping. ;)

nitin88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I checked the Focus, it's not available in my country. only Samsung Omnia W is available. Nokia lumia 710, 800 on sale from yesterday onwards.

What i am thinking, Nokia 800 is priced too much for the configuration it's having (i could have gone for it if it's priced at 25K rather than 30K). in this situation, i wonder what will be Lumia 900 price will be (30K+ ??). that's way too much for what it offers.

Because I am nokia fan and my last N8 died horribly, still love for it's not going. I already had my hands n Lumia 800. but it was demo piece and no headset to test it at demo place

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
The Nokia 800 has the most storage of the windows phones you listed. The Omnia W and Radar are pretty equivalent phones, but I prefer the styling of the Omnia my self, and the LED screens over the LCD screens.

But they both only have about ~6.5 gigs of storage available. Once you install a bunch of apps and save some room for pictures, you may only have ~5.5 gigs of storage. If you do not mind syncing with your computer often to switch out music, then they are both great phones.

If you have true unlimited internet (with good speeds) and good wifi connections, you can do a lot of streaming music and the storage would not really matter to much then.

What country are you in? If you really just need a phone to hold you over until the next batch of high end Nokias, are you sure you can not get a used first gen phone like the Focus?

nitin88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
What country are you in? If you really just need a phone to hold you over until the next batch of high end Nokias, are you sure you can not get a used first gen phone like the Focus?

India. Focus is not released and will not be in India. Nokia releases every product here along with Europe.

Storage is not problem. Since I got to work on my laptop almost everyday and the 5Gb is pretty much fine for me.

Next batch of high end Nokia m8 come in mid 2012 (apollo release). That's like 8 months from now and you know delays will be there as usual.

If I can get something ok price model, i can get one more by same time in the next year. If lumia 800 is capable to run Apollo, then i am ready to put bit more money to get that.

Can any one give me feedback of Music/audio/call audio on Nokia Lumia 800, 710 and Omnia W. I used N8 which has better bass and headset output than any other phone which i have seen (incl Galaxy phones).

If Lumia 800 comes with same music hardware/sound. No turn backs....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99