More than 20 people in a "group"?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to get around this? Why would you put in a limit in the first place??? Sorry, one question at a time I guess.
How do I make a group with more than 20 people in it? Thanks in advance.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
You are not able too for now, maybe with the next update. That being said, you are better off with the People's hub for that many friends or just made more than one group. I have a Friends and Work hub separately and my bestest friends on their up pinned tile that leaves a lot of space on the Friends group.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
You are not able too for now, maybe with the next update. That being said, you are better off with the People's hub for that many friends or just made more than one group. I have a Friends and Work hub separately and my bestest friends on their up pinned tile that leaves a lot of space on the Friends group.

Thanks! I get what you're saying, but how do I create more than one "hub"? I can't see how to add another "hub" for a different set of people like you are saying. Sorry for being dense.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Is real easy, on the contact list there's a + (plus). You click on it and gives you the option to create a new contact our group, click on group and the rest is history.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Umm. Yes, that's my original problem. I thought you could create multiple "hubs". I tried what you are saying and that's limited to 20. Hence my question. I need to create groups with more than 20.

Guess it can't be done right now. Thanks though!

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Oooh no no, what I meant was that you can make more than one group and organize better your friends list, in the categories of friends, family and work, maybe new ones like on those Google circles, with the most important people on your live in their own tile.

Also be sure to name a group, Winterfang is sexylicious. (for educational purposes)

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Winterfang is calling them hubs when that's not correct. He's saying to create multiple groups instead of one gorup with 20+ contacts. Surely you don't have 20+ people that all only fit under one group?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I was afraid of this...

I have a professional organization that is over 100 people. I would like to have them organized into one group, hence my question in the first place. I guess I'll go to the Windows Phone Feature Request page and put in a request for this. Thanks all.

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I was afraid of this...

I have a professional organization that is over 100 people. I would like to have them organized into one group, hence my question in the first place. I guess I'll go to the Windows Phone Feature Request page and put in a request for this. Thanks all.

A suggestion would be to do it on the work force. You know like Team A does such and such job for the PO, and then Team B does such and such. Break it down into smaller groups, having 100's of people I know it could be pretty daunting but for now it could be a way to do it.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
That's a shame, didn't knew you had an organization. There's hope yet, surely they must be some app that let you have your contacts on it without that much hassle. If not other choice, then WP7 might not be the best option for you sadly.

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to get around this? Why would you put in a limit in the first place??? Sorry, one question at a time I guess.
How do I make a group with more than 20 people in it? Thanks in advance.
I think with unlocked phone (Chevron or Developer) you can install Homebrew apps that support more than 20 people in group. Hope this helps ;)

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I think with unlocked phone (Chevron or Developer) you can install Homebrew apps that support more than 20 people in group. Hope this helps ;)

Yes and No.
Yes, in knowing that the hardware can do it. It's a matter of configuring the software.
No, in what about people who won't/can't unlock the phone?

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm running WP8 on a Lumia 920 and I just encountered a 25 person limit on the What's New screen. This is on a group I configured several weeks ago and I had never seen this pop-up. Weird that it would have changed all of a sudden.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon