Would You Get a Non-Black Phone?

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Design is probably more important than colour to me, but I'd usually only ever go for a neutral colour (black, white, grey/silver) because with anything else you're immediately limiting what you can do with wallpapers and themes and when you'd be willing to use the phone. For example, cyan Lumia with red theme? Epilepsy trigger. Pull out a black Lumia 710 at a business meeting and it'll look classy. Pull out the white one with a bright red back and you'll look like you've borrowed your teenage kid's phone for the day.

Plus there's also the resale factor. Strongly coloured phones immediately narrow your market down to people who also like that colour, and so push your price down too. That's why eBay always has tons of pink phones for any model that offers the colour, and they're cheaper than the corresponding neutral ones.

Good design, timeless colour scheme. Always the way to go.

Silverdogz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I have always liked black phones. I used to own a blue Pantech Impact. But I could only use a blue wallpaper:mad:. Also on the iPod Touch (I know it isn't a phone but it could be) I absolutely hated the chrome back on it. It just collected fingerprints and I bought a case for it within a week of owning it.When I got my Focus S though I have decided to get a screen protector. Because I like the thin black exterior.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a Focus, which is all black, and I like that. But about half of the time, I have the phone in a bright orange case. I'd definitly own a phone that comes in something besides black. I don't really like white phones, but the colors on the Nokia phones looks good to me.

L

lumic

It's nicer to have the black theme flow onto the black face of the device. If I did get an iPhone or Android, I would probably be more open to different colours.

I think the way Nokia did the 800 was smart, I would definitely go for the cyan.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
My Titan is sorta dark gray, so yeah. :)

I also want to get a cyan or pink Lumia 800 for the misses. The last phone I picked for her was the red LG Lotus Elite.

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Cyan Lumia 800 for me as well. My current one is a Black/Gold Sony Ericsson Ray, i like that it stands out i bit from the crowd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
What kind of question is this!?

Of course I would :p

Then again, apparently, this stuck up place I live seems to believe only females are allowed to buy white iPhones, lol.

I have a white iPhone 4S (personal line) with my grey Titan (work).

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
What kind of question is this!?

Of course I would :p

Then again, apparently, this stuck up place I live seems to believe only females are allowed to buy white iPhones, lol.

I have a white iPhone 4S (personal line) with my grey Titan (work).

If white phones were only for females, they'd have a mirror on the back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb