MMS issues

hjmjr

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I have been an iOS user since the 3g and have never had any issues with MMS. I am trying to figure out of this is OS related or phone related.

I have the Samsung Focus S.

Any video over 30 seconds will only play the audio.

I called Samsung about this and all they would tell me was that I was correct....video over 30 seconds will only play audio. I asked if that was something with Samsung or WP7 and they didnt know. They gave me the phone number to Microsoft, but Microsoft told me that their agreements with hardware makers will not allow them to answer questions like that.

Also, I randomly get the following message when someone sends me a picture message:
"One or more of the message components have been deleted by MMS adaptation. Either the message was too large or the components were unsuitable for your terminal"

Since most of my friends are iOS users, there are messages coming FROM an iOS device.

I would really appreciate any information on this issue.

Thanks,
-H

j_hall_in

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about the 30 second video, but some of my family uses iPhones and I get pictures from them just fine. The ONLY exception is when they send screenshots of their phone (taken by their phone). Whatever format those are in don't jive well with my Titan. I know it should be .png and wp7 should support that fine, I'm just telling you from experience. Maybe your friends are sending screenshots which might explain the error?

Last edited:

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I have watched mms videos over 30 seconds, so I do not think it is a OS limitation. But I am using a Focus.
I wonder if it has something to do with trying to use multiple mms messages for the video? So you can have a longer/larger video.

hjmjr

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about the 30 second video, but some of my family uses iPhones and I get pictures from them just fine. The ONLY exception is when they send screenshots of their phone (taken by their phone). Whatever format those are in don't jive well with my Titan. I know it should be .png and wp7 should support that fine, I'm just telling you from experience. Maybe your friends are sending screenshots which might explain the error?

My friends ARE actually doing screenshots. I did confirm that the screenshots are .png files, so I cant quite understand that....

Is there any sort of MMS setting that I can change? It seems the picture is getting stripped out before it even makes it to the device....which would be the MMS service with ATT, right?

hjmjr

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I have watched mms videos over 30 seconds, so I do not think it is a OS limitation. But I am using a Focus.
I wonder if it has something to do with trying to use multiple mms messages for the video? So you can have a longer/larger video.

Do you know if it was iOS or android that sent you those videos? I am curious if a different device would work. I am happy with my Focus S, but wonder if the Titan would do the same thing.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Do you know if it was iOS or android that sent you those videos? I am curious if a different device would work. I am happy with my Focus S, but wonder if the Titan would do the same thing.
They were from an Android I believe.

But, the iPhone sucks when it comes to sending pictures. Often, when sending it to an Android phone the pictures from iPhone are "attached" weird and are freakin tiny and useless!

j_hall_in

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
My friends ARE actually doing screenshots. I did confirm that the screenshots are .png files, so I cant quite understand that....

Is there any sort of MMS setting that I can change? It seems the picture is getting stripped out before it even makes it to the device....which would be the MMS service with ATT, right?

I never considered that but it's very possible At&t has an error with their MMS server and isn't relaying correctly to windows phones. Try having them email the pic and see if you can open. Even try texting yourself the png and see if it works. It may be an error on At&t side depending on results. Let me know

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
They were from an Android I believe.

But, the iPhone sucks when it comes to sending pictures. Often, when sending it to an Android phone the pictures from iPhone are "attached" weird and are freakin tiny and useless!

Wrong. I had someone send me a pic from their 4S yesterday and it was fine. They sent it to my Vibrant. I am not sure what the issue on your end is, perhaps it's a carrier related problems. My picture MMS have been coming in looking quite high quality.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

hjmjr

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I never considered that but it's very possible At&t has an error with their MMS server and isn't relaying correctly to windows phones. Try having them email the pic and see if you can open. Even try texting yourself the png and see if it works. It may be an error on At&t side depending on results. Let me know

So I finally got a chance to test this. When the person takes a screenshot from their phone and texts it to me, I get that weird "deleted by MMS adaptation" message and it does not show the picture. I had the person email it to me and it works fine. I then took that .png that was emailed and texted it to myself. It worked! I guess that does sound like an ATT issue instead of an OS issue, right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb