if MS want to get more market share they need to give us better apps. The facebook app needs updating to the same version as the iOS and android ones with timeline on it. Right now I use m.facebook.com as the facebook app is crap. The area for actual content is far too small and the scrolling is jerky and likes to jump around.

The twitter app is truly awful...I always get an error saying "rate limit exceeded. try again later" ...whatever that means
    12-22-2011 11:34 AM

The twitter app is truly awful...I always get an error saying "rate limit exceeded. try again later" ...whatever that means
    I get the same error message when I attempt to look up some one on twitter. So I did a little digging around and found out what it means.

Rate limiting is what twitter uses to prevent spammers. They kinda monitor how many people you start following at 1 time. So if you were to log into twitters page right now, and press "follow" for a lot of people in a short period of time, twitter will prevent you from following more people until they review your activity for spam.

As to why the app always says "Rate limit exceeded" I have no clue. I have been looking for a way to get in touch with thier tech support but I end up going off on a tangent.

I, for one, like the faceboook app. Having the timeline seems...cluttered. I think the way the app is designed is to keep conformity between apps. Most apps that access the web for information (just like facebook) have a very similar structure (left and right swiping.) So unless they figure out how to get the time line to keep within that conformity, you probably aren't going to see a time line feature.

But that is just my guess.
    12-22-2011 11:42 AM
    Fair enough about the timeline point I suppose keeping it in form with the rest of the UI is good. I think it could do with optimising though, Make the titles a bit smaller and get rid of FACEBOOK at the top
    12-22-2011 11:47 AM
    I completely agree that those two apps need updating. I don't care for the FB Timeline feature, but other aspects such as being able to "like" a specific comment on a post would be great. They also need to fix the scrolling jerkiness. Twitter needs a "retweet with comment" option badly, and better notifications.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    12-28-2011 06:58 AM
    The two apps are so behind I haven't used either of them for months. I use I.E for Facebook and Birdsong for Twitter.
    palandri likes this.
    12-28-2011 07:08 AM
    12-28-2011 10:37 PM
    What is facebook? Haha. It works for what I need it. I'm just under what you would call a casual user.

Twitter... I use Rowi (primarily) and Mehdoh.
    12-29-2011 12:28 AM
    Smart people don't browse Facebook, so timeline doesn't matter. We set it up, post and reply and let the push notifications guide us thereafter. Maybe once or thrice a day I'll take five minutes to catch up.

Anyhow timeline is much better than the old Facebook, anyways.

Twitter I use like a glorified RSS feeds. Saves me from having to use sluggish apps like pulse or depending on ie google reader.

I prefer to use official, first party apps for these services. People hub is unusable to me as a primary fb client. It barely does anything that I cant whip up in a couple hours in visual studio.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    12-29-2011 02:07 AM
    I use the People Hub mostly, but because of the 3rd party app security in Facebook that a lot of my friends have set, I miss a lot of posts.

It would be nice to have the List Filter feature when posting a status or check-in from the Me Hub (and the Facebook App) as I have my default in Facebook security set to a custom list. Only sometimes from my phone do I want to share will all my friends some posts.
    01-01-2012 08:28 AM
    The two apps are so behind I haven't used either of them for months. I use I.E for Facebook and Birdsong for Twitter.
    +1 Ditto. I also find it easier to just use I.E. for facebook.
    01-01-2012 08:35 AM
    I only check groups on my phone. I have a family group, friends from home (high school friends), and close friends where I live (college friends). I will just check every once in a while to see what is new with them. I also check my Me tile for notifications. Other than that, I don't worry about Facebook or Twitter on my phone--that is, unless I'm EXTREMELY bored (like waiting in a doctor's office), then I'll check the People Hub.
    01-01-2012 02:02 PM
    The Facebook app is missing the groups feature as my iPhone friends can see the groups messages etc but I can't :(

Would be nice if the people hub somehow synced your facebook groups into groups in the people hub and then you put that group as a tile like normal and then BAM you have your group on your phone :)
    01-02-2012 07:40 PM
    If you are using IE for Facebook then try going to iphone.facebook.com :)
    01-04-2012 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD