Things windows phone needs to improve on

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
1. Notification center of some kind. It's still too easy to miss a notification and not be aware of it.

2. Email still looks better in iOS. WP7 needs an option for automatically downloading/displaying email images by default. It also needs to size the email screen so that emails are more legible. Reading emails in WP7 often requires too much user intervention, usually to display images or to resize the screen. iOS handles this automatically for the user so that I spend time actually reading my email instead of having to fiddle with it first.

Fix those two issues and most of my frustration with using WP7 would be resolved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
THIS. Every pane is 85% Advertisements either for crap in the Marketplace or some Chuck Norris WoW commercial.

And speaking of YouTube, it doesn't even play HD on my HDTV and they is no way to force it to HD like on a desktop or Mobile.

And yea, the whole XBLive Gold thing, I'm getting to the point where I'm going to sell it and get a PS3. The console feels like a smartphone. No data plan (XBL Gold)? Why bother?

Youtube plays HD videos just fine for me.

As for Xbox Live Gold and your dislike for the new dash, you're probably are better off getting a PS3... although the PS3 interface is completely retarded and very awkward, IMO... especially PSN (I also own a PS3). The Xbox shines for it's Gold service. I'm a serious online gamer - that's why I'm Xbox. Okay, maybe XBLA also kicks the *** out of PSN, and I prefer the wider variety of exclusives on the 360.

If you're a casual gamer, I recommend the PS3. Freebie online (but don't start crying when the servers are down), BD - and a very good one at that, and numerous online streaming services.

maybe I don't want it to autostart...thats beside the point anyway...the fact is...the layout is crap

That's not a fact. It's an opinion. I happen to like it. I think it's simple to use and fast to navigate through.

M

mkr10001

As for Xbox Live Gold and your dislike for the new dash, you're probably are better off getting a PS3... although the PS3 interface is completely retarded and very awkward, IMO... especially PSN (I also own a PS3). The Xbox shines for it's Gold service. I'm a serious online gamer - that's why I'm Xbox. Okay, maybe XBLA also kicks the *** out of PSN, and I prefer the wider variety of exclusives on the 360.

If you're a casual gamer, I recommend the PS3. Freebie online (but don't start crying when the servers are down), BD - and a very good one at that, and numerous online streaming services.

That's not a fact. It's an opinion. I happen to like it. I think it's simple to use and fast to navigate through.

How about....until they come up with a UI that EVERYONE likes...it will always be crap...? lol A truly Good interface will be one everyone enjoys ;)

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

The issue with gold is not because of online gaming, which I don't do at all. My nephew has a ps3. It's not retardedly laid out sorry. a lot of the online features do not require you to break out a credit card.

The issue with gold is that Microsoft had hidden all decent functionality behind that wall. They effectively make you pay a premium on services you already own, when you can easily hdmi a pc to your HDTV an do it for free with a wireless keyboard and mouse - and game too, for that matter, with free online and better graphics to boot.

They have gone overboard with what they hide behind xbl gold membership. 90% of the xbox apps are worthless with out gold. Maybe 99% even.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Also the layout itself isn't the issue. The issue is that it's laden with advertisements. It is basically adware. I don't think I need to provide pictures cause a quick image search can confirm that. The left two most tiles are useful, everything else is basically an ad.

Would you like your windows phone if only the two top tiles were usable and the rest of the start screen were advertisements? That's basically what the new Xbox dashboard feels like.

The old dashboard did mt have that many ads. I went buy a new tv at best buy yesterday and got to play around with a 360 that wasn't updated. It's a colossal waste I space and makes you jump in and out of hubs for no logical reason, except they couldn't put anything on top because they wanted the space for ads.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa