Am I the Only One Thinking This?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
This is something that actually worries me. Is there a reason MS isn't going all-in with Windows Phone?

My opinion is, they know Mango still isn't a "complete" OS. Android is on 4.0 and iOS is on 5.0. Even Blackberry is at their OS 7, but will start over next year. WP is essentially 1.5. I think they are waiting until they feel its "complete" to give the big US push. I could be wrong.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
My opinion is, they know Mango still isn't a "complete" OS. Android is on 4.0 and iOS is on 5.0. Even Blackberry is at their OS 7, but will start over next year. WP is essentially 1.5. I think they are waiting until they feel its "complete" to give the big US push. I could be wrong.

Or they know they are making more off of android than they will off wp so they are just riding the android wave now.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Or they know they are making more off of android than they will off wp so they are just riding the android wave now.

That is a pretty good point. Why worry about North American and European consumers when MS still makes so much money off of Android? It would make sense for them to really push Windows Phone in emerging markets, where Microsoft might not be as ingrained as it is here. That would explain why Microsoft would want to push prices down before they work toward the high-end spectrum.

De doublesman

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Being a long time Nokia user ( 10 years) , nokia definitely has what it takes to go on an all out assault with WP7 in the US.

They will bring alot to the US market in terms of a great combination of hardware and software with WP7.

People in the US want and look forward too that all in one type of device , great camera, sexy hardware and silky smooth software tightly integrated with their everyday programs. WP7 offers that and much more for the future.

There is no reason why nokia cant make a big impression on the US consumer. Of course we all know that nokia and microsoft wont grab a nice slice of the market share straight up right away. But it will be a big enough splash to get the consumer excited once more about smartphones.

When you look around at other WP7 phones like samsung and Htc, in my opinion there are some decent hardware out there but nothing compared to what nokia can bring to the table in terms of the hardware design and camera. Nokia rules the roost in these departments hands down.

I went into and AT&T store yesterday to check on my upgrade date which is the 11th of this month and while walking around the store checking out different WP7 phones, i pulled out my Nokia N9 to fire off a few text messages and i was amazed at the amount of attention i got from the AT&T customer service reps.

They absolutely loved the hardware design of the N9 and actually told me that they know the lumia 800 is going to be released with the same N9 hardware but with WP7 baked in. They held the N9 , played with it , looked at it and they just loved it.

This is going to be an exciting year for Microsoft and Nokia , samsung and htc etc will have to step up their game big time now.:cool:

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
That is a pretty good point. Why worry about North American and European consumers when MS still makes so much money off of Android? It would make sense for them to really push Windows Phone in emerging markets, where Microsoft might not be as ingrained as it is here. That would explain why Microsoft would want to push prices down before they work toward the high-end spectrum.

Not to mention if they are doing it because of this if they went all in and android declined they would lose out on lots of $$.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Being a long time Nokia user ( 10 years) , nokia definitely has what it takes to go on an all out assault with WP7 in the US.

They will bring alot to the US market in terms of a great combination of hardware and software with WP7.

People in the US want and look forward too that all in one type of device , great camera, sexy hardware and silky smooth software tightly integrated with their everyday programs. WP7 offers that and much more for the future.

There is no reason why nokia cant make a big impression on the US consumer. Of course we all know that nokia and microsoft wont grab a nice slice of the market share straight up right away. But it will be a big enough splash to get the consumer excited once more about smartphones.

When you look around at other WP7 phones like samsung and Htc, in my opinion there are some decent hardware out there but nothing compared to what nokia can bring to the table in terms of the hardware design and camera. Nokia rules the roost in these departments hands down.

I went into and AT&T store yesterday to check on my upgrade date which is the 11th of this month and while walking around the store checking out different WP7 phones, i pulled out my Nokia N9 to fire off a few text messages and i was amazed at the amount of attention i got from the AT&T customer service reps.

They absolutely loved the hardware design of the N9 and actually told me that they know the lumia 800 is going to be released with the same N9 hardware but with WP7 baked in. They held the N9 , played with it , looked at it and they just loved it.

This is going to be an exciting year for Microsoft and Nokia , samsung and htc etc will have to step up their game big time now.:cool:

Idk if nokia will make that big of an impact on the US market. Most know and like the big names (samsung, lg, htc) and with the rate those are producing some really great windows phones, I think that will steal some of the limelight from nokia.

De doublesman

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Idk if nokia will make that big of an impact on the US market. Most know and like the big names (samsung, lg, htc) and with the rate those are producing some really great windows phones, I think that will steal some of the limelight from nokia.
with the rate those are producing some really great windows phones

I will have to disagree with you on this one :cool:

In my opinion, samsung and Htc, lg produce WP7 with great specs , but the hardware cant match up with the best that nokia has produced. Their phones feel cheap when compared to what nokia have out on the market right now .

Their cameras are no match for what nokia produces as well.

Samsung , LG and HTC have a head start on nokia but i really think thats about the only advantage they have on nokia.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I have mentioned the upcoming Nokia phones to a LOT of people and the majority of them say, "Nokia still exists?" I think that is something that Nokia will really have to tackle when it resurfaces here in the states.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

Dude you made my day with this post. I'm a Nokia fan myself and am looking forward for them to step up the WP7 game when it comes to hardware.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I think one thing people sometimes forget to mention when it comes to Nokia is their rock solid antenna. My wife's Nokia gets full bars in places where I can barely get reception.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss