01-11-2012 02:46 AM
33 12
tools
    I just checked I knw I had downloaded enough apps to get the alphabet dividers but I only have 4 background tasks on the screen and two of tehm are turned off and it shows that2 are are because I havent used them in over a week. And I must admit (I hope I am not inviting problems) I have not to my knbowledge experienced a disappearing keyboard. Maybe because I only have two backgropund task apps open
    It didn't happen when I had one or two apps in the background. As I started to install a lot of apps, then I noticed it.
    12-29-2011 11:45 AM
    Thats why I haven't experienced it (yet) I suppose.
    12-29-2011 12:48 PM
    Thats why I haven't experienced it (yet) I suppose.
    Definite accuracy problems. I have to constantly proof and edit everything I type.
    12-31-2011 04:28 PM
    I find that if I touch on the left rdge of a letter as opposed to the middle or right side of a letter or key that I am much more accurate. I have problems with the keyboard on my desktop and my laptop but I dont get too upset as I dont touch type. Nevr took typing in school. Learned how to type my way and it works best for me I type fater than my secretaries in the past who touch type.
    12-31-2011 05:35 PM
    Apparently the latest update: '7.10.8107.79' was released last week and should fix the keyboard bug. "Apparently".
    01-10-2012 12:27 PM
    Interesting... my original Arrive didn't have bad accuracy or a disappearing keyboard and my new Arrive doesn't either. I only replaced it because the speaker in the back died and I don't think they go through many phones in their replacement program. It was NoDo all the way when I got the new one.

Definite accuracy problems. I have to constantly proof and edit everything I type.
    I do too but that's because I fail with all on-screen keyboards. WP7 has the first on-screen that i consistently use and don't get frustrated with.
    01-10-2012 06:27 PM
    Interesting... my original Arrive didn't have bad accuracy or a disappearing keyboard and my new Arrive doesn't either. I only replaced it because the speaker in the back died and I don't think they go through many phones in their replacement program. It was NoDo all the way when I got the new one.

I do too but that's because I fail with all on-screen keyboards. WP7 has the first on-screen that i consistently use and don't get frustrated with.
    In NoDo the keyboard was perfect....in Mango it sucks...
    01-10-2012 08:25 PM
    The accuracy is absolutely awful. I started another thread about this a few days back not knowing this one specifically targeted the keyboard issues.

I am trying to be patient but it's becoming a deal breaker for me. We all know that text/email is the preferred method of communication these days, it's just a fact of life that more people text more than talk. I cringe when I hear a text notification because I know I have to use the god awful virtual keyboard that I once loved.

WP7 was once regarded as the best virtual keyboard in several non-bias surveys...that's right..better then Android and IOS. So it literally went from the best to the worst in this last update. I mean doesn't someone test stuff like this before they send out the update?

I am not giving up on Windows OS but I am looking for a decent used Blackberry I can use until this issue is addressed and corrected. The whole point of getting in and getting out on Windows Phone OS is pretty much negated by the fact it takes me three times as long to send a text message due to the awful accuracy it now has.
    01-11-2012 02:46 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD