Would you buy a Galaxy Note like WP7 phone?

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, being one of those individuals with larger than average/normal hands (I wear a size 17 ring), I loved the Titan because it was pretty much just right, and was pretty disappointed when I had to return it...

I carried the Dell Streak for a bit, but that was just an odd shaped phone compared to most others. Looking at phone-size.com, the Note is just a little bigger than the Titan, but way smaller than the Streak. I am actually looking forward to finding a phone that I can type on in portrait mode like I see other people doing...

Having WP on a phone the size of the Note would be exceptionally cool for us manly men... :cool:

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Well, being one of those individuals with larger than average/normal hands (I wear a size 17 ring), I loved the Titan because it was pretty much just right, and was pretty disappointed when I had to return it...

I carried the Dell Streak for a bit, but that was just an odd shaped phone compared to most others. Looking at phone-size.com, the Note is just a little bigger than the Titan, but way smaller than the Streak. I am actually looking forward to finding a phone that I can type on in portrait mode like I see other people doing...

Having WP on a phone the size of the Note would be exceptionally cool for us manly men... :cool:
You must be from Texas... lol.

Red Lemur

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd love something like the HTC Rezound in wp7 format. The Note is a bit too big for me (anyone remember trigger happy tv?), but the idea of 720p screen on a 4.3" handset would be fantastic for showing my photography to clients (and of course for watching movies).

The Apollo update will support 1280?720 apparently.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
After seeing Zoolander, I thought the future of mobile phones was absurdly tiny devices. How wrong I was...

HP/Palm was too, based on the response many people had for the Veer...

Personally I think a 5.3" screen is too large. I think something the size of the Galaxy Nexus is about as large as I'd go. Actually, I think something around 4.0" that doesn't look stupid (in other words something that is NOT like the mock-ups of the iPhone 5 with a 4.0" screen on the current-size device) is a good size - not too large, not too small.

L

lumic

No. I finally held a Galaxy Nexus the other day and put it down in a second. Samsung plastic is just so pathetically underwhelming and the size of it is just plain ridiculous.

I'd love something like the HTC Rezound in wp7 format. The Note is a bit too big for me (anyone remember trigger happy tv?), but the idea of 720p screen on a 4.3" handset would be fantastic for showing my photography to clients (and of course for watching movies).

I can see HTC making a Rezound-like device for Apollo. If they get the marketing out and the thickness slightly more in check, I think the pixel density (plus no PenTile) can be an area they can hurt Samsung.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I would for sure...am contemplating picking up the Note but I'm really liking the WP7 OS.

I wouldn't even have to think about it. In fact, if the Note comes out in America, it will be the one phone that will make me reconsider going back to Android.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I would consider it, but the size would be a turn off. I would like the features in something more like 4.5". Sometimes I miss having a stylus. I actually wish Microsoft would reconsider making the Courier. I started saving for that when the first rumors hit. Lol.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

I agree. I think one thing they should work on is screen resolution because having a 4.7 inch screen with poor resolution like on the Titan just takes away from the benefits of having the larger screen.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
No. I finally held a Galaxy Nexus the other day and put it down in a second. Samsung plastic is just so pathetically underwhelming and the size of it is just plain ridiculous.

I can see HTC making a Rezound-like device for Apollo. If they get the marketing out and the thickness slightly more in check, I think the pixel density (plus no PenTile) can be an area they can hurt Samsung.

The nexus isn't even really that big. Not to mention you do not see any pixels so the whole pentile debate is moot. Moto used crappy pentile screens which is why it was so obvious to see when using it. Samsung was a different story.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Isn't the Rezound SLCD anyways?

FWIW, I'm an HD nut and I have never looked at my Titan and wished it was higher resolution. That seems a bit blown out of proportion. That said, I probably would on a 5.3" device...

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Well there is difference between Note that is just like tablet and Titan that is hybrid (slate+phone). Well big screens will be hard to carry around because you cannot put them in your pocket like your ordinary phone :) but, WP7 is way better for me ;)