I have a person that I am connected to on Windows Live and LinkedIn. He uses the same email address. WP7 will not recognize him as a LinkedIn contact. I want to have him listed a a contact with two connections. Why is this happening and how can it be fixed? Thanks in advance.

It is now making me wonder if I have other missing contacts that I just have not discovered yet. I discovered this situation because he called me and his LinkedIn profile photo did not show up and I know he has one.
    12-28-2011 08:51 PM
    U have to link the LinkedIn account to the windows live account u have assigned to the phone in addition to having it in the phone. Once u do that hit sync on both and it should work. I don't have a LinkedIn but I do have Facebook and twitter so in theory it should work.
    That's my exact problem. He doesn't show up as a LinkedIn account. When I select the Windows Live account to link with another account, his LinkedIn account never appears because it is simply not there. WP7 is not recognizing that I am connected to this person on LinkedIn.
    12-28-2011 10:08 PM
    Check ur people hub settings it might be the check box for "only show posts from people visible in contact list" on or it maybe the filter. Hope you figure it out.
    12-28-2011 10:21 PM
    Check ur people hub settings it might be the check box for "only show posts from people visible in contact list" on or it maybe the filter. Hope you figure it out.
    Thanks. When I click on filter contacts Windows Live, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter are all checked. I can see my other LinkedIn connections. It is just this one. Very odd.
    12-28-2011 11:03 PM
    Hmm, I don't use Linkedin, but I do have facebook synced up, and I had that very same problem--specifically, a facebook friend not showing up on the phone.

Now I don't know how linkedin works, so this may not apply, but here's what I learned was happening with facebook:

Facebook privacy settings can go pretty deep, and as it turns out, he wasn't showing up because, as far as I can tell, he opted-out of being available to third party platforms. Doing this, incidentally, will NOT prevent you from being seen on the official facebook app, however. And in fact, this was the case with my friend.

Again, I don't know if linkedin has this option because I don't use it, but considering that this exact thing happened to me on facebook, it's possible.
    Last edited by going west; 12-28-2011 at 11:24 PM. Reason: spelling
    12-28-2011 11:20 PM
    ^What he said. Probably your buddy's privacy settings on LinkedIn.
    12-28-2011 11:45 PM
    Thanks. I will look into that. First by checking to see the privacy options allow blockage of 3rd party applications and then following up with him directly to see if he has it enabled.
    12-29-2011 07:56 AM
    ...and I had that very same problem--specifically, a facebook friend not showing up on the phone.

Now I don't know how linkedin works, so this may not apply, but here's what I learned was happening with facebook:

Facebook privacy settings can go pretty deep, and as it turns out, he wasn't showing up because, as far as I can tell, he opted-out of being available to third party platforms. Doing this, incidentally, will NOT prevent you from being seen on the official facebook app, however. And in fact, this was the case with my friend.
    I have exactly the same problem with Facebook. A friend of mine blocks all 3rd party apps, and once he did this his updates stopped showing up in the People Hub, and his Facebook details vanished. If I use the FB app then I can see his updates fine.

It's a shame the People hub gets classified as a 3rd party app (even though that's obviously what it is)
    12-29-2011 10:23 AM
    That's my exact problem. He doesn't show up as a LinkedIn account. When I select the Windows Live account to link with another account, his LinkedIn account never appears because it is simply not there. WP7 is not recognizing that I am connected to this person on LinkedIn.
    It's also possible that your friend is currently rejecting new LinkedIn requests and because of that, the WP doesn't recognize the LinkedIn contact.

As an aside, the ability to link different profiles for the same person very easily is something I really like about the Windows Phone OS. When I was adding my phone-only contacts to the Trophy the other day, I saw that I could link those entries to existing entries for the same person. I also saw that I could link entries classified under different names (i.e. e-mail addresses) for the same person. (As an example of the latter, my mother has 3 different e-mail accounts, and because I put them into my Hotmail address book many years ago, they were never linked to one another.) Needless to say, I was able to clean up and organize my contacts list information very easily and conveniently on the Trophy.
    12-29-2011 11:48 AM
    Thanks. I will look into that. First by checking to see the privacy options allow blockage of 3rd party applications and then following up with him directly to see if he has it enabled.
    Did you ever find out if this is the case?
    I have 77 contacts on linked in, but only 76 are displayed in my Linkedin contacts on my phone. When I look at my Linked in contacts on my Hotmail account, it also only shows 76.

The Linkedin app on my phone shows the full 77.

I've tried re-syncing and resetting the linkedin connection to my phone and every time its the same...
    I also cant see any options on linkedin to block 3rd party access....
    02-09-2012 08:17 AM
    The Linkedin app on my phone shows the full 77.
    What app are you using? AFAIK there is not yet an official app; only third-party apps, so it's a bit strange that this app shows the contact if he/she blocked third-party apps.
    02-09-2012 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD